TITLE: Medical Director
LOCATION: Wilmington, DE; also serves: Newark, Dover, and Seaford, Delaware
REPORTS TO: President & CEO
This position is full time, exempt, and offers comprehensive benefits
POSITION PURPOSE: The Medical Director is responsible for directing the clinical aspects of the affiliate s medical program and for developing/implementing affiliate medical protocols that are consistent with state and local laws and PPFA Medical Standards and Guidelines. The Medical Director also trains and supervises all licensed staff and provides medical care.
SALARY RANGE: Based upon experience.
BENEFITS: Medical, dental vision, 403b with match, long term and short term disability, life insurance, paid holidays, paid parental leave, and paid time off. Eligible to join benefits on first day of employment.
Does this sound like you?
- A strong commitment to Planned Parenthood s mission and values;
- A demonstrated understanding of the role that racial inequity plays in our society and its impact on healthcare systems and institutions;
- Expertise with training/supervision of Advanced Practice providers;
- Commitment to providing high-quality care for patients while consistently role modeling respect and compassion;
- Desire to serve on the senior leadership team to help shape the future of Planned Parenthood of Delaware.
- Board-certified MD or DO;
- Active medical license in the state of Delaware, or ability to obtain one;
- Reproductive health care experience.
- Typically Monday-Friday, but some weekends may be included. A mix of 8-4:30pm, or 10:30am-7pm when providing care. This position is 75% admin and 25% direct care.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- As a member of the Senior Management Team, actively participates in the planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of all agency programs and other operating support functions.
- Regularly participates in the delivery of high quality PPDE Clinical Services, both surgical and non-surgical, while assuring high-quality services and a consistently positive patient experience.
- Provides medical consultation/supervision to clinicians regarding the clinical management of specific patients during clinical hours and rotates taking call as needed.
- Advises the PPDE Board of Directors regarding matters of a clinical nature.
- Directs and supervises the clinical aspects of affiliate programs (e.g. outpatient surgical services, contraceptive services, infectious conditions, menopause services, colposcopy, primary care, prenatal care, gender affirming care, and male services.
- At the request of the CEO, confers with media and elected policy matters regarding relevant medical issues.
We can t be leading the delivery of comprehensive sexual and reproductive healthcare without you!
Applications will be reviewed as received until the position is filled. To apply, email your resume and cover letter to Lauren Berry (HR Director): Lberry@ppde.org.
Planned Parenthood of Delaware is a Drug Free workplace and an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Apply for Medical Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly