The American College of Physicians (ACP), the professional medical association for internal medicine specialists and subspecialists, and the largest medical specialty society in the world, is seeking a Chief Membership & Engagement Officer. The position is based in Philadelphia, PA at ACP’s headquarters and requires a record of significant, visionary leadership in an organizational environment that includes; leading teams, executing strategy, and creating and implementing new programs and initiatives, personnel management and budget accountability. A graduate degree in an applicable area is required; a medical degree (MD or DO) is preferred. Strong candidates will:
- have experience such as leadership in a professional membership association or other complex healthcare organization, with emphasis on strategic program development for ongoing recruitment and retention efforts;
- understand the healthcare environment broadly, including practice, regulatory and business dynamics and their impact on independent and employed physicians;
- understand the unique membership needs of physicians in varying practice environments;
- understand medical education and certification; and
- have demonstrated an ability to engage members at the national and chapter levels.
A key responsibility will be working with ACP staff and governance leaders in the review and development of products, programs, and services to assure membership value in a fiscally responsible manner and address the evolving needs of a new generation of physicians.
Please send cover letter outlining your interest in the position and why you are a strong candidate, and C.V. to: American College of Physicians, 190 North Independence Mall West, Philadelphia, PA. Attn: Search Committee- Guy Hudson, Senior Vice President. You may also email the same to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate consideration being accepted through November 30th, 2021.