SSM Health Dean Medical Group, a 500+ physician multi-specialty group, is recruiting for a General Adult Neurologist. Additional details include:
SSM Health St. Mary's Outpatient Center Neurology
- Outpatient focused but with inpatient responsibilities.
- Call coverage will be shared equally and will be 1:6 weeks.
- You can expect to see 15-18 clinic patients/day
- Outreach clinic responsibilities 2-4 days/month.
- A dedicated neuro-hospitalist service is in the process of development with currently one full-time neuro-hospitalist.
- Although general neurology coverage is expected, a portion of your clinical practice can be dedicated to a subspecialty.
- Emergency stroke call is covered by a separate telemedicine stroke service.
- The Department of Neurology offers a full service of Neurology subspecialists, which includes Pediatric Neurology, Epilepsy, Neurophysiology and Stroke.
- The Department of Neurology has a close working relationship with neurosurgery, neuroradiology, pain medicine and pediatric radiology.
- Neuropsychology services for pediatric and adult.
- Neurology services include EMG/NCS and EEG laboratories; EMG/NCS lab is accredited by the AANEM with exemplary status.
- EMG/NCS laboratory is the only accredited lab in Madison.
- The outpatient center EEG lab is fully accredited and provides a full complement of outpatient services in Madison and in many of our outreach locations.
- St Mary's Hospital provides the ability to provide long term, monitored EEG studies when that is clinically necessary.
- The clinic draws from an 18-county service area with a population of 1.3 million people.
- SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital, a 440-bed tertiary care and referral center and was named among the nation's 100 Top Hospitals® for 2018 by IBM Watson HealthTM. which spotlights the best-performing hospitals in the U.S. based on clinical, operational and patient satisfaction metrics and data.
- SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital and Dean Medical Group are part of SSM Health, an integrated health system that has facilities in Wisconsin, Illinois, Missouri, and Oklahoma.
- Madison, population 252,000, was recently named as the 3rd best place to live in America by Livability https://livability.com/best-places/top-100-best-places-to-live/2020/madison-wi/
- Madison consistently ranks as one of the top places in the country to live, work, go to school, play, and raise a family
- The Madison area offers excellent public and private schools
- The Overture Center http://www.overture.org/ in downtown Madison is a beautiful facility that offers a wide variety of entertainment, including the Madison Symphony, Madison Opera, and visiting performances
Physician - State of Work Location