(The Albany Stratton VA Medical Center – 113 Holland Avenue
Albany, NY 12208)
The Anesthesia service at the Albany VA Medical Center provides anesthesia support for up to 5 operating rooms and 1 non-OR location. Procedural services include: General Surgery, Colorectal Surgery, Hepatobiliary Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, Orthopedics, ENT, Plastic Surgery, Ophthalmology, Urology, Vascular Surgery and Gastroenterology.
If selected, you will follow established guidelines, ethics, policies and protocols of the Department of Anesthesiology, Veterans Health Administration, and the profession. Duties of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Direction of perioperative anesthetic care to patients
- Preoperative Assessments
- Intraoperative anesthetic administration and monitoring
- Post-anesthesia Care
- Providing anesthetic care for general surgery, orthopedics, plastics, ophthalmology,
- diabetic foot and oral surgery in OR, PACU, ICU ward and clinic settings
- Participating in the development and implementation of program planning, objectives, policies, and standards essential to delivery of quality anesthetic care
Pay Range: $295,000 – $350,000. Education and length of practice are considered through a formal pay-setting process to determine the final compensable salary
Work Schedule: M-F 7:00am-3:30pm, Rotating On-Call schedule - Evenings, Nights, Weekends
Education Debt Reduction Program (Student Loan Repayment): This position is eligible for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), a student loan payment reimbursement program. You must meet specific individual eligibility requirements in accordance with VHA policy and submit your EDRP application within four months of appointment. Approval, award amount (up to $200,000) and eligibility period (one to five years) are determined by the VHA Education Loan Repayment Services program office after complete review of the EDRP application.
Pay: Competitive salary, annual performance bonus, regular salary increases.
Paid Time Off: 26 days of annual leave, 13 days of sick leave, 11 paid Federal holidays per year and possible 5 day paid absence for CME
Retirement: Traditional federal pension (5 years vesting) and federal 401K with up to 5% in contributions by VA
Insurance: Federal health/vision/dental/term life/long-term care (many federal insurance programs can be carried into retirement)
Licensure: 1 full and unrestricted license from any US State or territory
CME: Possible $1,000 per year reimbursement
Malpractice: Free liability protection with tail coverage provided
Contract: No Physician Employment Contract and no significant restriction on moonlighting
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of Doctor of Medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full, and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Residency Training: Physicians must have completed residency training, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- American Heart Association BLS Certification
- BC/BE in Anesthesia
If interested, please email your CV to: Sarah.Harrington3@va.gov
Apply for Anesthesiologist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly