TidalHealth is seeking a Medical Director for Surgical Specialties. In a dyad leadership model approach, this position will lead innovation in service delivery and execute strategic, financial, and operating priorities against established goals. This role will be accountable for clinical quality improvement, continued focus on quality & patient safety, provider credentialing, and mentoring of division leaders.
TidalHealth has more than 40 locations throughout Delmarva and is anchored by two award-winning hospitals: TidalHealth Peninsula Regional and TidalHealth Nanticoke.
TidalHealth offers the most comprehensive array of specialty and sub-specialty services on the Delmarva Peninsula. We are the largest and most experienced health care provider in the region, and it's our mission to improve the health of our community.
TidalHealth offers a full range of services, including neurosurgery, cardiothoracic surgery, joint replacement, emergency/trauma care, wound care, and comprehensive cancer care. We deliver community health services through a network of family medicine and specialty care offices across Delmarva, health pavilions in Millsboro, DE, in Ocean Pines, MD and with its Wagner Wellness Van.
TidalHealth is also proud to be an affiliate of the Johns Hopkins Clinical Research Network (JHCRN), a group of academic and community-based clinical researchers designed to provide new opportunities for research collaborations.
- Minimum of five years of clinical experience with demonstrated leadership experience in an extensive group practice or health care organization.
- Depth facilitating the development and refinement of physician practices, serving as the primary physician liaison to ensure cost-effective, high quality, comprehensive health services.
- Experience interfacing collaboratively with clinic physician leaders, administrative leaders, and group leadership to execute strategic, financial, clinical quality, and operational goals.
- Background operating in an accountable care or value-based reimbursement environment. Acumen implementing quality and care management initiatives in conjunction with clinic site leaders and dyad administrators.
- MD or DO degree, with board certification. MBA, MMM, MHA, or another applicable advanced degree desirable.