Emergency Medicine Medical Director
Envision Physician Services is seeking a Board Certified Emergency Medicine Medical Director to provide onsite management of the clinical and administrative aspects of our Emergency Department at Albany Memorial Hospital located in Albany, New York. Interested candidates should have at least 2-5 years of previous leadership and administrative experience.FACILITY INFORMATION
Albany Memorial Hospital, part of St. Peter s Health Partners, is celebrating 150 years as a healing presence in the Capital Region. Awards and accolades include accreditation as a Chest Pain Center by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care, for the second time; Designated Stroke Center by the New York State Department of Health; Center for Wound Care & Hyperbaric Medicine accreditation; and is the recipient of the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association s Get With The Guidelines (GWTG) Stroke Silver Plus Quality Achievement Award.
- 30-bed community hospital with ambulatory surgical services
- Renovated, state-of-the-art-facility
- 24/7 Hospitalist service covers Medical/Surgical/Tele Unit and responds to in-house codes
- Top notch radiology program is well staffed, has Tele-radiography for cases after hours, and PAC for digital radiology viewing
- Wound Care Center, hand rehabilitation
Emergency Department Profile
- 40,000 annual volume
- Broad community pathology that includes minor trauma and moderate medical acuity
- 20 room ED with hard wired monitors and 8 bed fast-track
- 27 hours per day of physician coverage
- 28 hours per day of APP coverage
- 24 hours per day of scribe coverage
- 5.3% admission rate. Higher Acuity patients are transferred to tertiary centers in town including St. Peter's Hospital
- EPIC EMR
- Able to work at all 3 St. Peter's Health Partners Emergency Departments
- Academic affiliation with Albany Medical Center provides rotations for fourth year medical students and PA students affording academic involvement and adjunct faculty appointments for interested EM physicians
- Active EMS program provides medical direction for 9 local squads and conducts ACLS training.
Albany is among the best-kept secrets in the Northeast United States. This picturesque region is located at the convergence of the Hudson and Mohawk Rivers, and is a short drive from the Adirondack, Berkshire and Heldeberg Mountains. Forbes Magazine lists Albany as one of America s Best Places for Business and Careers in 2018, and U.S. News & World Report ranks Albany as one of its Best Places to Live in the nation in 2018.
- New York City, Boston and Montreal amenities are within a 2 - 3 hour drive
- Abundant local culture including museums and the Saratoga Performing Arts Center
- Tanglewood - the summer home for the Boston Symphony Orchestra and the Boston Pops - is only an hour away
- Sports and recreation abound in this thriving community that also boasts the region s most desirable suburbs and schools
- New beautiful Albany International Airport is close by and offers direct connections to all major hubs
Envision Physician Services is a dynamic physician- and clinician-led medical group that has been offering exceptional career opportunities for more than 60 years. With more than 25,000 affiliated clinicians coast-to-coast, Envision Physician Services is nationally recognized for delivering clinical excellence supported by innovation, integration and exceptional leadership.
- Strong leadership at local, regional and national levels
- Exceptional quality of practice backed by comprehensive support services
- Optimal care teams with flexible and equitable scheduling options
- A-rated professional liability insurance
- Extensive variety of practice settings coast-to-coast
- Competitive compensation, including several benefit options
- Opportunities for professional development, mentoring and career advancement
- Clinician mental health and well-being support
- Comprehensive education and training on leadership, management and clinical best practices, including a wide variety of CME programs
- Clinical and scientific research opportunities
*Benefits vary by division, clinical specialty and employment status.COMPANY INFORMATION
Envision Physician Services is a leading national medical group, delivering care when and where it's needed most. Our team of 25,000 clinicians specializes in anesthesiology, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, surgery and women's and children's care. Together, we care for more than 32 million patients a year and support healthcare partners across 45 states and the District of Columbia
As a part of Envision Healthcare, we are making a meaningful difference in patients' lives and driving innovations that improve the delivery of care and the health of communities in every corner of America. We treat more than 15 percent of the country's emergency department visits, deliver more than 120,000 babies, conduct more than 10 million radiology reads and provide more than 2.6 million anesthesia cases each year.
We are focused on protecting and empowering clinicians so they can focus on what matters most caring for patients. We do this by providing mental health and well-being resources, administrative support, clinical best practices, clinical research opportunities, leadership coaching and more. Our unique structure enables us to develop local practices that support clinicians with regionally-based clinical leaders and operational expertise from our expansive nationwide network.
Envision Physician Services values the diverse perspectives and experiences of our teams. We recognize that through our collective expertise, we can improve the delivery of care for patients and clinicians. Learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion here and how we are supporting clinician wellness here. We are proud to be an EOE/AA employer.
Apply for Emergency Medicine Medical Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly