Emergency Medicine Medical Director
Envision Physician Services is seeking an Emergency Medicine Site Medical Director at Ellis Hospital located in Schenectady, NY.
Must be ABEM/ABOEMFACILITY INFORMATION
Ellis Hospital provides emergency, inpatient medical/surgical and psychiatric care for Albany, Saratoga and Schenectady Counties in upstate New York. Home to the Golub Center for Emergency Services, a state-of-the-art medical facility and Wright Heart Center, one of the region's leading cardiac programs. The facility features advanced diagnostic and medical imaging, a modern 36-bed Intensive Care Unit and one of the most advanced health information technology systems in Northeastern New York. Ellis Hospital received the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association s Get With The Guidelines (GWTG) Heart Failure Gold Plus and Stroke Gold Plus Target: Stroke Honor Roll Quality Achievement Award.
- Part of Ellis Medicine
- 268-bed full service community hospital
- New York State designated Stroke Center
- Specialty services include a nationally recognized Heart Center and advanced surgery programs such as cardiothoracic, orthopedic, neurological and vascular, among others
- New oncology center
- Named a Top Performer in Key Quality Measures by The Joint Commission
Emergency Department Profile:
- Annual ED volume of 60,000 visits
- Expanded and Modernized E60D with 17 additional treatment rooms
- Level II Trauma ED
- Fast Track
- 24-hour emergency services
- State-of-the-Art imaging
- Certified Autism Center
Schenectady, NY is part of the eastern New York State's Tri-County - about 18 miles northwest of Albany. Schenectady is in the midst of a resurgence with an expanded Proctors Theatre in the heart of a reinvigorated downtown that includes new hotels, a cinema, restaurants, high technology companies, and loft housing. In addition, the new Mohawk Harbor project will continue to build on the positive momentum for the City.
- New York City, Boston and Montreal amenities are within a 2 - 3 hour drive
- Rich in culture and history - home to New York State's First Historic District
- Home to the hottest gaming action in NY - Rivers Casino and Resort.
Envision Physician Services is a dynamic physician- and clinician-led medical group that has been offering exceptional career opportunities for more than 60 years. With more than 25,000 affiliated clinicians coast-to-coast, Envision Physician Services is nationally recognized for delivering clinical excellence supported by innovation, integration and exceptional leadership.
Candidates considering becoming a teammate at Envision Physician Services will find full-time, part-time and independent contractor opportunities available in a variety of community types, from rural and underserved communities to major metropolitan areas; practice settings, from small hospitals to academic health systems; and job levels, from entry level to senior management. Envision teammates also benefit from the following resources:
- Strong leadership at local, regional and national levels
- Exceptional quality of practice backed by comprehensive support services
- Optimal care teams with flexible and equitable scheduling options
- A-rated professional liability insurance
- Extensive variety of practice settings coast-to-coast
- Competitive compensation, including several benefit options
- Opportunities for professional development, mentoring and career advancement
- Clinician mental health and well-being support
- Comprehensive education and training on leadership, management and clinical best practices, including a wide variety of CME programs
- Clinical and scientific research opportunities
*Benefits vary by division, clinical specialty and employment status.COMPANY INFORMATION
Envision Physician Services is a leading national medical group, delivering care when and where it's needed most. Our team of 25,000 clinicians specializes in anesthesiology, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, surgery and women's and children's care. Together, we care for more than 32 million patients a year and support healthcare partners across 45 states and the District of Columbia
As a part of Envision Healthcare, we are making a meaningful difference in patients' lives and driving innovations that improve the delivery of care and the health of communities in every corner of America. We treat more than 15 percent of the country's emergency department visits, deliver more than 120,000 babies, conduct more than 10 million radiology reads and provide more than 2.6 million anesthesia cases each year.
We are focused on protecting and empowering clinicians so they can focus on what matters most caring for patients. We do this by providing mental health and well-being resources, administrative support, clinical best practices, clinical research opportunities, leadership coaching and more. Our unique structure enables us to develop local practices that support clinicians with regionally-based clinical leaders and operational expertise from our expansive nationwide network.
Each Envision partner facility or health system has its own unique culture, but all of our sites recruit and hire clinicians who share the group's core values of being patient-focused, team-oriented and caregiver-inspired.
Envision Physician Services values the diverse perspectives and experiences of our teams. We recognize that through our collective expertise, we can improve the delivery of care for patients and clinicians. Learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion here and how we are supporting clinician wellness here. We are proud to be an EOE/AA employer.
Apply for Emergency Medicine Medical Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly