Become that Beacon of HOPE to your patients at Luminis Health - Annapolis, Maryland. Our growth is your opportunity to become part of the growing health system in Maryland. We are looking for a dynamic Pulmonologist to work with our two exceptional providers on the pulmonary team today! Reach out so you don't miss out on this great growth opportunity!
The Pulmonologist provides total medical care/services to patients as related to their specialty. Service scope covers patients in both the inpatient, ambulatory and post-acute care settings. The Pulmonologist is responsible to the Chair of Medicine and works collaboratively to ensure program adherence to evidence-based medical standards, quality initiatives and reliable execution of intended processes. Services are provided in accordance with the rules, regulations, and policies established by the job descriptions of the State of Maryland, BPQA, AMA, HCFA, and AAMC.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Clinical Responsibilities
- Maintain and grow specialty in medical community, ensuring efficient access and a high quality of clinical care, incorporating evidenced based practices in clinical decision making, as judged by medical peers.
- Participates in multidisciplinary care of the patient.
- Responsible for implementing, coordinating, and administering the full range of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures for patients requiring care in the acute, post-acute and ambulatory care settings.
- Facilitates communication and interactions between the patients, families, peers, ancillary staff, and consultants.
- Ensures accurate and timely completion of medical records, orders, and documentation to maintain compliance with medical staff, local/state/federal, licensure and accreditation requirements.
- Participates in practice and hospital/service call on scheduled days, on a rotational basis.
- Supervises the activities and deployment of Advanced Practice Provider (APP's) on the Pulmonary Service.
- Supervise Undergraduate and Graduate Medical Education, as necessitated by presence of UGME and GME trainees.
- Organizational Responsibilities
- Participates in design and development of clinical pathways, care management protocols and performance improvement initiatives.
- Participates in educational activities for the Pulmonary Team.
- Participates in assuring compliance of Pulmonary Service in meeting Joint Commission, HIPPA, Corporate compliance and hospital, medical staff policies, procedures, protocols and standards.
- Consults with medical staff to discuss optimal methods of treatment for specific diagnoses and facilitates achievement of care coordination goals through this peer-to-peer communication.
- Assists the Medical Director/ Chair of Medicine in the monitoring, investigation, triage and proactive addressing of all customer service, patient safety and quality of care issues concerning the Pulmonary service that arise from patients, families, medical staff, hospital staff or community physicians.
- Participates on hospital committees as appropriate to the delivery of Pulmonary services within the hospital. Regularly attends medical staff, departmental meetings and other committee meetings as assigned.
- Participates in regular documented meetings with the Pulmonary staff to address patient flow, quality, scheduling and patient and physician relationships and other topics as necessary to improve efficiency, timeliness and reduce unintended variation in care and process.
- Is responsive and provides timely feedback, routinely communicates and collaborates collegially with the Medical Director / Chair of Medicine, other physicians, hospital leaders and administrative staff regarding Pulmonary services.
- Assures that residents comply with medical staff rules and regulations.
- Participates in Resident performance evaluations.
- Participates in Advance Practice Provider, Nursing, respiratory and ancillary staff education.
- Participates in Performance Improvement projects, protocol/guideline development and evaluation of outcomes.
Required Minimum Education:
- Completion of residency in Internal Medicine and Pulmonary Medicine Fellowship.
Apply for Pulmonologist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly