Physician (Medical Evaluation Board)

Ft. Riley, KS
Oct 14, 2021
Oct 14, 2022
Other Specialty

Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.

Irwin Army Community Hospital (IACH) at Ft Riley is uniquely located in the rolling Flint Hills region of Northeast Kansas. Nestled between Junction City (pop. 25,000) and Manhattan (pop. 57,000), the local area has an abundance of outdoor activities where you with unlimited opportunities to fish, hike, swim, and explore!

Enjoy BigXII college sports and entertainment at Kansas State University in Manhattan; as well as a thriving night life. Experience travel simplified at the Manhattan Regional Airport or international travel through Kansas City International Airport. Manhattan has been recognized on the following for its quality of life:

#3 on a list of Best Small Places for Business and Careers (Forbes).
Top 10 Places to Retire (Money Magazine). Top 50 College Towns in America (Best College Reviews).
Top 10 Best Places to Retire Young (CNN Money).
Top 100 Places to Live in America (Livability).

Join #TeamIACH, your home in the Flint Hills; making Fort Riley the best place in the Army for Soldiers to live, train, deploy from, and come home to.

Join #TeamIACH, your home in the Flint Hills; making Fort Riley the best place in the Army for Soldiers to live, train, deploy from, and come home to.


You will serve as a Disability Evaluation System (DES) expert, consultant, and advisor to engage in Medical Evaluation Board (MEB) administration, evaluation, and finalization of Medical Evaluation Board Reports (MEBR)
You will serve as a recognized technical authority on boards and committees, in conferences, and other activities involving the health care of the population served
You will conduct training and serve as a medical expert on the MED process to residents, interns, and other medical students/staff


DEGREE: Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy from a school in the United States or Canada approved by a recognized accrediting body in the year of the applicant's graduation. If your Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree is from a foreign medical school that provided education and medical knowledge substantially equivalent to accredited schools in the United States, you must have a permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG), a Fifth Pathway Certificate for Americans who completed premedical education in the United States and graduated education in a foreign country, or successfully completed the U.S. Medical Licensing Examination.
LICENSING: Active, permanent, full, unrestricted physician license to practice medicine in any state, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States
RESIDENCY: 4 years of graduate training or equivalent experience and training (e.g., 3 years of Residency and 1 year Fellowship OR equivalent experience conducting medical evaluations, assessing patient's fitness level, overseeing medical readiness processes, procedures, or requests; providing treatment recommendation to patients; working with other medical professionals providing patient diagnosis and training.
Your resume must reflect you have a sufficient level of expertise to perform the core privileges of this position.

More searches like this