Section Chief - Endocrinology
The Department of Medicine at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center (DHMC) is searching for a new Section Chief to lead Endocrinology’s clinical, educational, and research operations. The Section of Endocrinology provides a variety of outstanding inpatient and outpatient services at Dartmouth-Hitchcock in Lebanon, NH, with outpatient visits numbering more than 10,000 per year. As the only academic medical center in New Hampshire, we care for an incredibly diverse group of patients. In addition to general endocrinology clinics, we offer organized programs in insulin pump therapy, inpatient glucose management, osteoporosis, thyroid cancer, and transgender medicine. We are committed to teaching our fellows, house staff, and medical students, accepting two fellows per year, and providing a course in Endocrine Pathophysiology for the pre-clinical students at the Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth. We engage in clinical research and quality improvement projects on a regular basis.
This section has a total of 5 physicians, 6 advanced practice professionals (5 nurse practitioners and 1 physician assistant), and a dedicated team of nurses, medical assistants, and administrative personnel. The chief collaborates with a practice manager and nurse manager to lead and manage clinical operations.
This is an exciting opportunity for a mid-level to senior Endocrinologist with past leadership experience in the areas of research, quality improvement, clinical care, practice management, teaching, and mentoring faculty members. It is expected that the strong applicant would have demonstrated, dynamic leadership and team-building skills for our engaged providers and support staff as they continue to optimize the quality and efficiency of their outpatient services. Candidates would be eligible for an academic appointment at the level of associate or full professor of Medicine at the Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth.
What the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Clinic has to offer you:
- An established and growing patient base
- A collegial work environment with all medical and other specialists and subspecialists.
- Strong ties to our medical school (3 miles away) and our affiliated VA Medical Center (6 miles away)
- A national reputation for quality at our hospital, medical school, and affiliated Dartmouth Institute for Health Policy and Clinical Practice
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages
- Dedicated CME time and funds
- Funds available to the section chief to develop his or her section
What our location in the Heart of New England has to offer you:
- Four beautiful and distinct seasons to enjoy
- Local access to mountains, hiking trails, lakes, bike routes, and winter sports venues
- Easy access to Manchester and Boston airports and major airlines
- Superb cultural opportunities locally in art, theater, and music at Dartmouth’s Hopkins Center and other local venues
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Health is a nationally recognized health system, serving patients across New England. A national leader in patient-centered care and quality improvement, we work with our partners to help create a more sustainable health system for our region. Founded in 1893, our system now includes New Hampshire’s only Level 1 trauma center, its own air ambulance service, and the Norris Cotton Cancer Center, one of only 41 NCI-designated Comprehensive Cancer Centers in the nation. We also have the only Children’s Hospital Association-approved comprehensive, full-service children’s hospital in the state. As an Academic Health Center, D-H provides access to nearly 12,500 primary care doctors and specialists in our region in almost every area of medicine, as well as world-class research in many areas in the Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth.Letters of inquiry should be addressed to:
Cynthia Taub, MD
Section Chief, Cardiovascular Medicine
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
One Medical Center Drive Lebanon, NH 03756
- Must be Board Certified/Board Eligible in Endocrinology
- Must obtain and maintain a medical license and DEA registration in the State of NH
Apply for Section Chief - Endocrinology
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly