OB Hospitalist - Physician Opening
San Diego, California: (Central San Diego)
Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group: Multi-specialty group of 600+ Providers
Live and work in San Diego, California boasting miles of sandy beaches, incredible weather, major attractions, amazing outdoor activities; San Diego is one of the most popular tourist destinations on the West Coast. San Diego is family friendly, with a diverse geography delivering a multitude of housing options and top-rated school districts.
- Group has 19 outpatient clinic locations throughout San Diego
- SRSMG is a large, multi-specialty group that offers patients convenient, coordinated & integrated care
- Group provides patients a full range of services across 29 different specialties in medicine
- All clinics have a lead RN, triage RN, LVNs and 1:1 Provider/MA ratio plus operations team
- Integrated EMR system allows for seamless communication amongst group PCP's & specialists
Join a 600+ provider practice with large OBGYN department of over 45 providers
- Looking to add a dedicated OBGYN hospitalist for 3 shifts per week (considered full-time)
- Shifts are from 7:00pm to 7:00am
- No rounding required!
- Full specialty back up including 24 hour perinatal and GYN/ONC service with dedicated OB anesthesia
- Responsible for L&D, triage, postpartum, ED Calls and occasional GYN emergency surgery (ectopic)
- Most calls are taken with experienced CNM’s and back-up physicians are always available
- On-site overnight room for provider
- Comfortable covering a busy L&D with at least 3 years’ experience, 5 preferred
- Must be able to receive privileges for basic laparoscopy including management of ectopic pregnancies (must have completed 10 cases within the last 2 years to qualify)
- Must be Board Certified
- Opportunity to work in clinic half day per week to maintain gyn skills
- Hospital delivers ~9,000 babies per year, highest volume in the state of California!
- Group delivers ~4,000 babies per year
- Southern California’s largest Level III NICU, plus advanced care for women experiencing high-risk pregnancy
About the Group:
Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group is one of the largest, most comprehensive medical groups in San Diego County, with 19 locations offering services such as primary and specialty care, laboratory, physical therapy, radiology, pharmacy and urgent care.
Founded in 1923, SRSMG was San Diego’s first multispecialty medical group. Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group has more than 500 physicians, 100 advanced practice providers and 2,800 staff members representing virtually every field of medicine dedicated to delivering the extraordinary level of caring called ‘The Sharp Experience’. ‘The Sharp Experience’ combines clinical excellence, advanced technology and patient- and family-centered care.
Awards and Recognitions:
- Group named as San Diego’s Best Medical Group in the San Diego’s Best Union-Tribune Readers Poll.
- Group achieved “Top 10% Recognition for Patient Experience and Quality” by the Integrated Healthcare Association. Sharp Rees-Stealy is the only medical group in San Diego County to achieve these two distinctions two years in a row and one of only four in California to earn the Quality recognition.
- Recognized by America’s Physician Groups in “Standards of Excellence Elite Status” 11 years in a row.
- Recognized for quality results and received full accreditation from the National Committee for Quality Assurance for our disease management program.
- Named Acclaim Award Winner by the American Medical Group Association signifying Sharp Rees-Stealy as one of the top medical groups in the nation.
Apply for OB Hospitalist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly