VP, Chief Operating Officer for BJC Medical Group
BJC Medical Group is the multi-specialty physician organization of BJC HealthCare and includes over 600 doctors and advanced practice providers who are affiliated with the top-ranked hospitals in the area.
Since 1994, BJC Medical Group has provided access to the world’s best medicine through caring people and integrated systems. The providers are nationally recognized for excellent patient satisfaction and quality health care.
BJC Medical Group physicians are trained and certified in over 25 medical specialties and serve patients in more than 125 locations in the greater St. Louis, mid-Missouri and southern Illinois areas.
This is a transformational leadership role at scale of over 125 practice sites, 600 providers, 1700+ employees, and 330,000 patients, 80,000 of which are in risk contracts. Responsible for formulating and executing the BJC Medical Group ambulatory business strategy and operational plans for the communities served by BJC HealthCare in Missouri and Illinois. This includes both optimal medical practice design and strategic market positioning. S/he will be responsible for the operational aspects of the ambulatory enterprise and ensure strong collaboration between ambulatory clinics located on hospital campuses and Hospital presidents. The COO will provide leadership to the VP-Practice Ops, Regional Directors and the administrative side of practice structure. The COO will oversee the dyad partnerships between administrators/physician leaders and partner with the CMO to foster a patient care model that allows physicians, advanced practice practitioners and other clinicians to leverage best practices, improve patient outcomes and create a uniquely better patient experience. The incumbent will also responsible for key performance monitoring/reporting and overseeing the operating system with PI resources supporting the work.
- Manages individual(s) including but not limited to: hires, trains, assigns work, manages & evaluates performance, conducts professional development plans. Ensures that the productivity and actions of that group meet/support the overall operational goals of the department as established by department leadership.
- Develops and adheres to departmental staffing, revenue and/or expense budgets. Responds to changes in the business which may affect the ability to achieve the budget goals.
- Demonstrates a strong financial orientation by developing and adhering to departmental staffing, revenue and expense budgets. Anticipates and responds to changes in the economic, healthcare and regulatory environments which may affect the ability to achieve departmental financial, service, community, regulatory and leadership development goals.
- Conducts disciplined planning and execution on all areas of responsibility; allocates resources toward optimum efficiency and effectiveness while balancing innovative approaches to identify, resolve and manage issues with uncompromising quality, standards and results.
- Develops self and others, creating an environment where people and the department are highly engaged and accomplish their best results via development, communications, rewards and recognition. Acts with integrity and in an ethical manner. Demonstrates accountability, responsibility and builds mutual trust. Enables and ensures cooperation - collaboration within the department and across organizational boundaries.
- Demonstrates an agility to cope effectively and lead large scale change and transformation in a dynamic and fast paced environment. Navigates efficiently in complex environments and relationships to achieve optimal results.
- Helps create breakthrough strategies, identification of opportunities for growth and implementation of plans that reflect a deep understanding of physician practice operations in order to translate business vision and strategy into clear operational goals, objectives and tactics that ensure the necessary infrastructure needed is available to achieve business objectives. This includes the tracking, monitoring and achievement of key performance indicators.
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
- Performs Other Responsibilities as Assigned
- Master's Degree
- 10+ years
- 10+ years of supervision experience
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
*Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply for VP, Chief Operating Officer for BJC Medical Group
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly