Rheumatology, HSS Department of Medicine HSS Long Island Office
The Department of Medicine at HSS is actively recruiting a board-certified Rheumatologist to join the well-established, multi-specialty team in our Uniondale, New York facility. This is a full-time position with outpatient clinical responsibilities, as well as teaching and academic development opportunities. As the sole Rheumatologist in the HSS Long Island team, the candidate will work with the Rheumatology Chief to drive the department’s vision onsite.
Candidate must be an MD or DO who is BC/BE in Rheumatology. MPH or similar degrees are also desirable.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Full time engagement in the clinical practice of rheumatology, providing a minimum of eight half day outpatient sessions per week in the HSS Long Island location
- Commit to two half days a week for teaching, other academic, and scholarly activities
- Flexibility to tailor outpatient schedules to participate in HSS Rheumatology Grand Rounds, Journal Club, and other academic activities virtually, along with participation in monthly Departmental meetings
- Manage rheumatology-related outpatient referrals from other HSS sites and participate in Departmental access initiatives
- Limited after-hours call responsibility for the Rheumatology Division
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary with incentive opportunity
- Comprehensive benefits package to include medical, dental, vision and life insurance, generous CME budget, and retirement plan contribution
Founded in 1863, Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS) is a world leader in orthopedics, rheumatology and rehabilitation. In the most recent U.S. News & World Report “American’s Best Hospitals” issue, HSS ranks #1 in orthopedics and #4 in rheumatology. Though the main campus is located in New York City, HSS treats individuals throughout the Tri-State area and Florida and consistently attracts patients from all 50 states and over 80 countries who recognize its specialized services.
HSS is affiliated with the New York-Presbyterian Healthcare System through the hospital's affiliation with Weill Cornell Medical College. The hospital is also affiliated with Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, and Rockefeller University, all of which are located within a three-block area of York Avenue in the Upper East Side of Manhattan.
HSS Long Island provides world-class orthopedic care in a convenient location for area residents. Located in the Omni Building right off of the Southern and Northern State Parkways, patients can access top orthopedic and sports medicine specialists who are available for diagnostic exams, pre- and postoperative appointments, or ongoing treatment needs. Specialties at this site include Adult Reconstruction & Joint Replacement, Hand & Upper Extremity, Physiatry, Sports Medicine, Foot & Ankle, Pediatric Orthopedics and Spine. Radiology and imaging services also available onsite.
HSS offers a unique work environment, diverse job types and extraordinary career opportunities. HSS encourages and supports professional growth and development, recognizes individual contributions, and offers unique and highly competitive compensation packages. We attract and retain highly skilled professionals, renowned for their leadership and vision in clinical care, teaching, research & development.
Hospital for Special Surgery is located in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and Florida and online at www.hss.edu.
For more information about this opportunity, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
LOUIS BRIDGES, JR., MD, PHD
Physician in Chief
Chair, Department of Medicine
Franchellie M. Cadwell Professor of Medicine
Hospital for Special Surgery
Chief, Division of Rheumatology
Joseph P. Routh Professor of Rheumatic Diseases in Medicine
Weill Cornell Medical College
Apply for Rheumatology, HSS Department of Medicine HSS Long Island Office
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly