VHA is an equal opportunity employer seeking a for Pathologist for VA Western New York Healthcare System, at the Buffalo VA Medical Center. Physicians will be paid commensurate with experience using VA's Market-based physician pay system. The Anatomic and Clinical Staff Pathologist provides diagnostic services within the Department of Pathology to include potential for subspecialty coverage as training permits (examples include dermatopathology or hematopathology). The AP/CP pathologist is ultimately responsible for diagnostic interpretation of specimens processed within the laboratory.
There’s a reason Travel & Leisure named Buffalo America’s friendliest city. We smile. We hold the door open. We help each other out. And we have a lot of fun! That even manifests itself in business. In Buffalo Niagara, top executives are very accessible and often willing to grab a coffee and chat.
Buffalo’s got it all—free yoga on the water, cheap drinks at happy hour, football tailgating traditions, family days at the beach, or a ride down the slopes for winter fun! Buffalo Niagara has a lot going for it, but nothing beats the character, diversity, talent, and grit of the people who comprise our community fabric.
- 205 sunny days per year
- Average commute is 21.3 minutes, 5 minutes faster than the national average
- Over 12,000 people work on the Buffalo Niagara medical campus
- Vibrant cluster of 23 colleges and universities with enrollment of more than 112,000 students
- And of course, home to the original Buffalo chicken wing!
- America’s #1 most friendly city- Travel + Leisure(2017)
- #1 favorite city- Travel + Leisure(2016)
- #1 U.S. market for millennial home buyers- com(2019)
- NFL’s #1 tailgating city- Yahoo(2015)
- 2nd best access to green spaces and parks in U.S. – Runners Need(2021)
- 2nd most underrated city- Travel + Leisure(2017)
- 3rd favorite food city- Travel + Leisure(2017)
- #4 top U.S. city where millennials are buying homes – Lending Tree(2018)
- Buffalo ranked 10th happiest city to work in- Forbes(2016)
VA boasts a comprehensive compensation and benefits package (Paid Time-Off, Professional/Personal Insurance Coverages, 401K, CME, and Retirement, etc.). For more info, click: VA Benefits Department of Veterans Affairs offers Veterans the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the United States. We operate more than 1,400 sites of care, including 153 medical centers, 909 ambulatory and community-based outpatient clinics, 135 nursing homes, 232 Veterans centers, 47 readjustment counseling centers, and 108 comprehensive home-care programs, across all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and U.S. Territories. Learn more at: VA Careers .
If interested in learning more about this position, please email an updated CV to Lindsey. Garbacz@VA.gov or call 716-225-078
Apply for Physician- Pathologist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly