Our Lady of the Angels Hospital is part of the Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady Health System, a leading nonprofit, mission focused health care innovator in Louisiana and Mississippi. We bring together outstanding clinicians, the most advanced technology and leading research to ensure that our patients receive the highest quality and safest care possible. This commitment is grounded in our history that is more than 100 years old, and reflected today by our strategic vision of transforming healthcare through superior performance and excellent patient care.
Our health system is one of the largest in Louisiana, with hospitals, clinics and physicians located throughout Louisiana and in Mississippi. In fact, we provide care to almost half of Louisiana’s citizens, and serve in Mississippi's largest metropolitan area.
Our Lady of the Angels Hospital is proud to carry a long-standing tradition of healthcare in Washington Parish and the surrounding areas. Our goal is to provide quality care close to home. The hospital is licensed for 92 beds, has a busy 16-room ER, 12-bed inpatient behavioral health unit, an ICU, Labor and Delivery and offers many service lines on site, along with radiology, cardiac rehab, PT, Inpatient and Outpatient Surgery and Wound Care.
OUR LADY OF THE ANGELS HOSPITAL on the Northshore is seeking an OB/GYN for a full-time employment opportunity in Bogalusa, just minutes from St. Tammany Parish and an hour from New Orleans, LA. Established clinic on campus at the hospital. 1:4 Call
Compensation & Benefits:
- Attractive and competitive compensation
- Autonomous position and positive culture
- Excellent benefits package with company contribution to 403(b)
- CME and professional fees reimbursed
- Malpractice insurance and tail insurance covered
- EPIC EMR across network (inpatient and outpatient)
- Operational support, training and practice development resources
- Board Certification or Board Eligibility is required
The Staff Physician provides direct patient care and emergency services in an effort to ensure that patient health care needs are met at all times.
- Provides direct patient care in both outpatient and inpatient settings as directed by contract, develops treatment plans, and assesses patient's response to treatment while ensuring that all health care services provided are of the highest quality.
- Provides high quality to patients on an on-call basis and in rotation with other physicians in an effort to ensure that patient health care needs are met at all times.
- Investigates new techniques, practices, and equipment to identify ways of maximizing the quality and efficiency of health care services provided to patients.
- Assists in the development and implementation of continuous quality improvement programs and participates in multi-disciplinary continuous quality improvement efforts. Assists in ensuring that all services provided by the department are performed with compassion, understanding, and respect for others.
- Ensures the appropriate application of the hospital's mission and philosophy and departmental and hospital policies and procedures in a manner that promotes the provision of high-quality health care services and departmental effectiveness.
- Promotes the quality and efficiency of his/her own performance by remaining current with the latest trends in field of expertise through participation in job-relevant seminars and workshops, attendance at professional conferences, and affiliations with national and state professional organizations.
- Collaborates with other physicians in order to ensure the provision of high quality medical care and technologically advanced health care services by the hospital.
- Participates in educational programs, in-service meetings, and training sessions in an effort to share his/her own expertise with others and further the quality of education and personal growth provided to new personnel, volunteers, and interning students.
Current unrestricted Louisiana Medical License.
Apply for OB/GYN (Physician)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly