ECMO Section Chief
Join Inova’s growing Intensivist Team – Inova Fairfax Medical Center and Inova Heart and Vascular Insiitute
We are looking for a System Section Chief of Adult ECMO who wants to join a collaborative team dedicated to quality outcomes, teaching and research.
The Inova Health System believes in providing world-class healthcare – every time, every touch – to each person in every community we have the privilege to serve. Start changing lives today by joining a healthcare system where we value the patient experience, our people being a part of one team, leading with integrity, always striving for excellence.
Recognized in 2019 by U.S. News & World Report which named Inova Fairfax Hospital the #1 hospital in the Washington, DC region. Four of Inova’s five hospitals hold five-star rankings from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
Inova Heart and Vascular Institute is one of only 13 centers to hold the designation as a center for pulmonary hypertension, pulmonary fibrosis, cystic fibrosis and lung transplant center. The Advanced heart failure program has rapidly grown with 30 cardiac transplants and 13 VADs in 2019. The Inova health system conducted 5,962 cardiac catheterizations in 2019. The cardiothoracic surgery program is a three star rated program in CABG and Aortic Valve with CABG. The ECMO program has grown to average 110 cases per year, with recent designation of gold center of excellence.
With the yearly amount of surgeries done, it is no wonder we are looking to expand our cardiovascular ICU. The prospective candidate will join a collaborative team of more than 30 specialized intensivists in the Medical Critical Care Service at Inova Fairfax Medical Center.
Experience and Requirements:
- Experience in fellowship training or as an attending with critically ill cardiac and cardiovascular patients is
- Candidates will be expected to be proficient with standard intensive care procedures (central lines, S-G catheter placement etc.).
- Responsibilities will include managing patients after cardiovascular surgery and advanced cardiopulmonary mechanical support with a team of PAs/NPs, residents and fellows, and include day, evening and weekend shifts.
- Candidates should be Board Certified in Critical Care Medicine.
- Able to obtain a VA Medical License
Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life.
- Competitive salary with annual incentive and extra shift potential
- 401k plan with employer contribution
- CME allowance
- Paid Malpractice
- Health insurance details
- The position will include an academic appointment with University of Virginia school of medicine
Join us in our journey to become one of the leading health systems in the nation!
The INOVA health system is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply for ECMO Section Chief
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly