Occupational Health Medical Director
The Occupational Health Medical Director will provide the clinical oversight for the Occupational Health Services at plants in Louisville, KY, Selmer, TN, Decatur, AL, LaFayette, GA, and Camden, SC. The individual will facilitate effective partnerships by balancing the dynamics of patient care and leadership within a clinical environment, serve as a key role in continued compliance and growth and collaborate with stakeholders to reduce occupational injury/illness rates. This position will collaborate with the Director of OH and report to the Global Executive Medical Director. To ensure the delivery of excellent evidence-based care while building stakeholder relationships essential responsibilities include:
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of applicable occupational health practices and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain strict confidentiality with respect to employee Personal Health Information (PHI).
- Provide direct care, including treatment of occupational injuries/illnesses, return-to-work, medical surveillance exams, and physicals as necessary in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Diagnose and treat, or stabilize for transport to a local hospital, employees sustaining emergent injuries and illnesses.
- Perform job analysis inside the plants, to determine: Medical causation as it relates to the mechanism of injury associated with workplace injury/illness; if job tasks are compatible with permanent restrictions, utilizing ADA processes.
- Serve as the medical provider for the ordering of medication and vaccines, at each site.
- Serve as collaborative physician to OH APRNs across the business, per state requirements.
- Review cases with APRNs, RNs, EHS, Ops, case management, insurance stakeholders, etc.
- Provide medical oversight for the Emergency Response Teams (ERT).
- Collaborate to develop/review policies and procedures, sign-off on Medical Standards, and Nurse Standing Orders.
- Oversee medical surveillance program.
- Consultation on OSHA compliance.
- Participate actively in measures to maintain and improve workplace injury/illness prevention.
- Consultation on ergonomic and ADA issues.
- Build and maintain good working relationships and maintain a customer-focused attitude.
- Provide open and timely feedback regarding meeting and delivering commitments.
- Work on special projects as they arise.
- Serve as the medical expert when testifying at legal proceedings or appeals.
- Serve at judicial, administrative, or arbitration proceeding at which matters relating to the facilities or their employees are or may be in issue and testify thereon at the request of Company representatives, involving workers’ compensation and post-offer exam matters.
Graduate of an accredited school of medicine or osteopathy. Board Certification required. Must be or have the ability to be medically licensed in the states of Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia, and South Carolina. 5 years of Occupational Medicine experience required. Licensure requirements of the states of jurisdiction. Unrestricted DEA license for states of jurisdiction. Proficiency in spoken and written English. AED/CPR/BLS for Healthcare Providers or ACLS. Computer proficient and EMR skills required.
- A highly collaborative leader that takes pride and ownership in developing best-in-class teams.
- Able to work well in a team environment.
- Working conditions are normal for an office and factory environment.
- Work may require remote weekend and/or evening work.
- Frequent walking, extensive walking may be required.
- 25% travel required for domestic travel to satellite plants, etc.
Apply for Occupational Health Medical Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly