Pulmonary/Critical Care Medicine Summa Health Akron, Ohio
Summa Health is seeking board certified, fellowship trained pulmonary/critical care physicians to join our growing team. Summa s critical care team provides care for 2 hospitals located in Akron and Barberton. Akron Campus encompasses a 95-bed Critical Care/Intensive Pavilion and is a Level 1 Trauma facility, while Barberton Campus holds a 22 ICU bed facility.
Current Growth Opportunities:
- Airway disease management focusing on quality improvement and comprehensive care as it relates to treatment of COPD and asthma
- Lung nodule program focusing on advanced bronchoscopy including Endobronchial ultrasound (EBUS), Electromagnetic Navigation Bronchoscopy (ENB)
- High acuity critical care cardiopulmonary conditions and transitions of care
- Sleep Medicine expansion of services
The selected candidate will become a member of Summa Health Medical Group, a multi-specialty group practice of 350+ physicians. Summa Health System headquartered in Akron, Ohio is one of the largest integrated Healthcare Delivery Systems in the state. With 2 hospitals and 20 health centers, Summa provides access to care throughout the region.
- ABIM board certification - Board Certified or Board Eligible
- Fellowship trained in pulmonary/critical care medicine
- Commitment to quality care in a patient centered, team-based environment
- Summa Health has been named among the Top 5% in the nation for both Critical Care and Pulmonary Services
- America s 100 Best Hospitals for Pulmonary Care Award (2021, 2020)
- America s 100 Best Hospitals for Critical Care Award (2021, 2020, 2019)
- Employed position with competitive salary and benefits
- Part of a growing team with aggressive multi-year work force plan; growth and leadership opportunities
- Critical Care physicians onsite at the hospital 24/7
- Average 1:4 weekend coverage
- Flexible percentage of ICU versus Pulmonary
- Full mid-level support staff including an advanced practice provider
- Opportunity for academic appointment with NEOMED
- Teaching program with residents and fellows rotating through, as well as medical students
- Epic System s EMR
Rising from the rolling hills of the Western Reserve along the Ohio & Erie Canal, Akron is located within 500 miles of 42 major cities, and surrounded by thousands of acres of national parkland and countryside. As a thriving heartland city Akron provides an ideal living and working environment. The vitality of its people and the unparalleled quality of life offers versatility, a low cost of living, outstanding cultural access and a thriving climate for healthcare, education and business. The downtown hosts a vibrant arts scene and eclectic dining options. Northeast Ohio offers many quality primary and secondary education options.
EOE/AA Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
Summa Health is a tobacco-free workplace and has a nicotine-free hiring policy.
COVID-19 vaccine required for all Summa health employees.
Apply for Pulmonary/Critical Care Medicine Summa Health Akron, Ohio
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly