Occupational Medicine Physician
Job Tracking ID : 512923-792095
Job Level : Any
Level of Education : Doctoral Degree
Job Type : Full-Time/Regular
Date Updated : 10/01/2021
Years of Experience : Not Applicable
Starting Salary :
Indeed: Nationwide Posting : true
Indeed: Statewide Posting : true
Salary : $185,000 USD AnnuallyJob Description
Workwell Occupational Medicine, LLC is currently recruiting for a Physician to join our team in at our Greeley clinic located at 2528 W. 16th Street in Greeley, CO. The City of Greeley and its surrounding area is part of the fastest growing communities in Northern, Colorado. And it is more accessible to the Denver Metro area than you might think. If you are ready to join a growing healthcare provider in Colorado in a great place to live, this may be the opportunity for you!
Workwell Occupational Medicine, LLC is a specialized medical provider treating work-related injuries and providing occupational health services to employees of our business clients. We have seven (7) welcoming, comfortable walk-in clinics along the Front Range with medical providers who are ready to treat employees with an on-the-job injury or illness. This is a full-time position that will be scheduled to work 8:00 am - 5:00 pm. A 4-day or 5-day work week is available for discussion. Starting base pay range is $198,000 - $220,000/year, DOE plus a generous incentive plan. *NEW physician grads welcome to apply!* Relocation assistance is available for out of state candidates. This is a direct hire opportunity. External recruiters need not inquire.
Essential Job Duties & Tasks
- Provides healthcare to patients according to the established principles of clinical practice and the current organizational plan or need.
- Provides professional supervision of any Advanced Practice Provider (APP) at the Physician’s clinic location. Provides performance feedback and acts as a positive resource for all APP’s.
Physicians are expected to:
- Review each patient’s medical history.
- Perform history and physical exams on each client requiring a physician exam
- Review abnormal findings and make recommendations regarding the same.
- Act as a resource for patient questions and concerns.
- Act as a medical consultant/advisor regarding the medical status of the clients presenting for physical examinations for the staff.
- Provide work restrictions for those clients examined for return to work.
- Provide medical evaluations for initial injury evaluations for employees as requested.
- Complete the initial report of injury for all employees seen.
- Identify causality for all injuries treated.
- Contact employers as necessary.
- Coordinate evaluations for temporary and permanent disability.
- Respond to written requests from insurance providers and employers in a timely fashion – Rule 6 letters should be returned same day whenever possible.
- Cosign charts under Division of Workers’ Compensation rules for Advanced Practice Providers in the clinic.
- Review and respond in writing to surveillance video.
- Demonstrate understanding and compliance with the medical treatment guidelines from the State of Colorado Workers’ Compensation Division.
- Perform DOT physical exams to FMCSA and Workwell standards.
- Maintain Level II accreditation by the State of Colorado Workers’ Compensation Division.
- Represent Workwell Occupational Medicine, LLC, in your service area, to local medical societies, hospitals, professional organizations, groups and agencies, meeting with local employers, serving as a liaison between Workwell Occupational Medicine, LLC and these organizations as well as participating in community activities as necessary to promote the strategic plan of Workwell Occupational Medicine, LLC.
- Problem solve as necessary with local employers as needed to obtain optimum patient outcomes and ensure excellence in communication. If unable to reach a resolution or an issue requires corporate assistance will escalate the issue to Clinic Manger / Chief Medical Officer.
- Provide appropriate medical care, treatment, referral and follow-up to personal injury patients.
- Other duties as assigned.
Clinic hours are 8am - 5pm, Monday - Friday. Hours are dependent on business needs. Work hours beyond clinic hours may be required to complete daily tasks and documentation.Experience and Skills
Education, Skills & Qualifications
- Completion of an ABMS/AOA recognized residency OR hold an ABMS/AOA or RCPS of Canada recognized board certification in internal medicine, family medicine, occupational medicine, physiatry, or emergency medicine, or have 3 to 5 years of recent experience practicing occupational medicine, OR be actively enrolled in a training program that leads to certification by the American Board of Preventive Medicine in Occupational Medicine.
- Unrestricted Colorado Medical Licensure with no active stipulations
- Level II accreditation by the State of Colorado Workers’ Compensation Division or able to obtain as soon as possible via self-study or the Level I and Level II courses
- Active full DEA license
- Maintain/obtain FMCSA Medical Examiner Certification within 90 days of hire
- Skills in exercising a high-degree of initiative, judgment, discretion and decision-making to achieve organizational objectives in a rapidly changing business environment.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Customer service oriented, Strong organizational skills and ability to develop relationships with staff, patients and clients.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Apply for Occupational Medicine Physician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly