You will serve as a Physician OB/GYN in the Bureau of Medicine and Surgery Military Treatment Facility of Navy Medicine Readiness and Training Command OakHarbor Washington.
THIS IS A DIRECT HIRE ANNOUNCEMENT. Section 1109 of the National Defense Authorization Act FY 2020 Public Law 116-92 amended Section 9905 of title 5, United States Code to streamline and simplify certain DOD civilian Direct Hire Authorities to recruit and appoint qualified candidates directly to certain positions in the competitive service in the DOD.
- You will assess, perform exams, diagnose and formulate treatment plans for female patients across the lifespan
- You will evaluate functional/dysfunctional issues related to the female pelvis to include but not limited to masses, pain, urological and bleeding concerns
- You will provide preventive and health maintenance care, including annual well woman evaluations, positive health behaviors, and self-care skills through education and counseling
- You will coordinate care of female patients with facility and community resources
- You will serve as an expert and consultant in Women?s Health care in the outpatient setting
- You will establish mechanisms to monitor, evaluate and maintain quality in Women?s healthcare
- You will perform and/or request diagnostic imaging procedures and clinical lab testing and interpret findings
- You will provide advice by telephone and/or in person to other physicians, non-physicians providers, and other professional medical staff on the care of patients with urgent, emergent and non-urgent medical problems
- You will serve as member of medical staff and/or faculty to provide advisory and consultative services on various meetings, committees, conferences, and/or boards
Travel Required - Not required
Conditions Of Employment
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to successfully complete a pre-appointment physical examination.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test (including marijuana) is required. A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if you fail to report to the drug test appointment or pass the test. You will be subject to random testing.
- You will be required to meet any applicable credentialing or privileging requirements prior to appointment.
- Up-to-date immunizations/vaccinations and a seasonal influenza required.
- A favorable Tier 3 background investigation is required.
APPLY NOW! This job opportunity announcement has a first cut-off date. Applications received by 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time (EST) on the cut-off date of 10-12-2021 will receive first consideration for this vacancy. Depending on staffing needs a 2nd cut-off date may be used.
Applicants must meet the following Basic Requirements of the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualifications Standards Manual: Applicants must possess:
- DEGREE: Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy from a school in the United States or Canada approved by a recognized accrediting body in the year of the applicant's graduation.
- LICENSING: Active, permanent, full, unrestricted physician license to practice medicine in any state, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
- RESIDENCY: Applicants must possess 5 years of graduate training in the specialty of the position to be filled or equivalent experience and training. 5 years of residency training or equivalent experience and training in OB/GYN (i.e., 3 years residency and 2 years fellowship and/or equivalent experience and training). Your resume must reflect that you have sufficient level of expertise in OB/GYN to perform the core responsibilities of this position at the GP-15 level.
- Selective Placement Factor (SPF): This position has a selective placement factor that will be used to screen out ineligible candidates. The selective placement factor is: Possession of Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers Certification. Failure to possess this factor WILL result in an ineligible rating. Possession of the factor must be verifiable via your resume
- Applicants must also be able to satisfy clinical privileges requirements which, in addition to the above, includes the following:
- Completion of a residency program in OB/GYN approved by the American specialty board or AOA, board certification, or board eligible
- Current clinical competence (e.g., privileged to independently practice a OB/GYN Physician within the past 2 years, actively practiced within the past 2 years by having encountered a sufficient number of clinical cases to represent a broad spectrum of the privileges required)
- No health status contraindications to granting clinical privileges
- Board certification is desired but not required
How to Apply
Your complete resume including beginning and ending dates, month and year, detail description of duties performed, etc. for each experience must be received by 11:59 pm Eastern Standard Time (EST) on 12/28/2021. If more than one resume is received, only the last resume received and processed will be reviewed. Send your resume only to medjobs @navy.mil (no SSN or pictures please). Insert HC11242282OB in your subject line.
To learn more about the position, please visit: https ://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/PrintPreview/614962600
Apply for Physician OB/GYN
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly