- Cathy Harbert, Director of Clinical Recruitment (330) 418-2226
Join a Collegial Practice Where You Thrive
Sound Physicians, a physician-founded and led organization, focuses on improving quality, patient satisfaction, and ICU performance. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the way critical care is provided. This is accomplished by our relentless pursuit to create value and eliminate waste in the ICU, implementing critical care programs that focus on improving the lives of patients while creating value for our hospital partners.
We ensure that physicians have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care that measurably improves quality and lowers the cost of healthcare for patients in the communities we serve. Our culture promotes physician autonomy, mastery, and purpose. Physicians have the ability to effectively participate in the process of change management within the community hospital ICU setting.
The Team – The Hospital
Our critical care physicians share ideas with like-minded peers and are truly advancing the practice of critical care medicine. We are a team of dedicated healers, inspired leaders, and the next generation of critical care innovators.
Alta Bates Summit Medical Center – Alta Bates campus is a 347-bed, full-service, community-based, non-profit hospital serving the San Francisco Bay area located in Berkeley, California. The hospital is designated a primary stroke center with a focus on caring for neurosurgical and OB-Gyn patients
- Team of 10 physicians
- 30-bed closed ICU; Medical, surgical, and neuro patients
- No call environment
- Schedule: Block shift scheduling with dedicated time-off
Education, Training & Experience Required
- MD or DO – must be board certified or board eligible in critical care medicine
- Ability to work as a team member
- Must have a commitment to excellence in clinical service, be forward-thinking, and demonstrate problem-solving abilities necessary in this environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform all technical skills in the critical care setting
Location & Lifestyle
The East Bay region is the eastern region of the San Francisco Bay Area and includes cities along the eastern shores as well as inland communities in Alameda and Contra Costa Counties. Situated directly opposite of the Golden Gate Bridge, the eastern fog brings cool early mornings and a warm Mediterranean summer climate. Rich in musical history, the region is the birthplace of numerous musical acts and is a major center for the development of rock, jazz, folk, funk, and hip hop. The area features numerous major music and sports arenas, museums, and over 50 parks adjacent to urban areas. Home to numerous restaurants, the East Bay region is central to the creation of California Cuisine.
Job ID: 3179.080221.7402
Apply for Intensivist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly