Cross Country Locums is looking to assist our client partner in California with Pediatric Pathology. This option is specific to Locum Tenens however the client may consider a locum to perm placement after a minimum 72 shifts are worked as a locum. This is to ensure the proper fit physician/client and to supplement the department that is currently short staffed before considering a permanent placement search. Hospital will have the Medical Director for Pathology to speak to any physician interested that has availability to assist from mid-October onwards. Very high preference for already licensed ACTIVE California Physician.
- Clinic Hours: Monday – Friday 0800-1630
- Available for Call 0700-0700 corresponding to service days, weekend call following Friday service day.
- Currently CA licensed
- The credentialing process usually takes 90 days, however if the candidate has a clean file, Medical Staff can obtain Temporary Privileges.
- Typical day includes:
- GI biopsies (range 4 to 12 cases with 3-12 parts each), several other small things (tonsils, hernia sacs, appendixes, mucoceles, ureters, gallbladders, foreskin, etc.), CSFs (2 to 10/day), BALs (0-2/day), bone marrow biopsies (usually 1 per day, range 0-5), peripheral blood smears (1-2/day), skin (usually pilomatricomas, melanocytic nevi, nevus sebaceus, etc), fine needle aspirations (mostly thyroid, usually 2-3 per month), brain tumors and pediatric solid tumors are variable (average 1-2 per week).
- Around 12 autopsies per year.
When working Locum Tenens, our agency will provide daily pay, malpractice insurance on assignment, and any travel costs for the locums work (flight, rental car, lodging). Should this position be of interest to you and you have exceptional Pediatric Pathology experience or are Pediatric Pathology Fellowship trained, please consider sharing a copy of your most up to date CV, your best estimate of what availability/coverage you could offer, and of course, a good phone number to reach you at.
Apply for Pediatric Pathologist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly