Clinician Scientist- Anesthesiology
As the multi-specialty group practice for the faculty of the University of Minnesota Medical School, University of Minnesota Physicians has more than 950 physicians and 1,600 health professionals, providing clinical care in over 100 specialty and sub-specialty areas. Our mission is three-fold: delivering exceptional patient care, advancing medicine through research, and training the next generation of health professionals.
Clinician Scientist Anesthesiology
The Department of Anesthesiology at the University of Minnesota Medical School is seeking an accomplished clinician-scientist working in the field of acute or chronic pain science to join a large, collaborative multidisciplinary community of researchers focused on pain and analgesia research. Academic rank and appointment type will be commensurate with years of experience and accomplishments.
About the Appointment:
- The ideal candidate should be experienced in using state-of-the-art approaches with work complementing and expanding on the clinical and/or basic science research already being performed in multiple specialties.
- Substantial start-up funds and laboratory space are available.
- This position will include clinical duties working in/at University of Minnesota Medical Center in Minneapolis, MN.
- 1.0 FTE
About the Department:
The Department of Anesthesiology consists of over 60 faculty members working in all areas of clinical anesthesia, critical care, regional anesthesia, pain medicine and basic pain research.
The University of Minnesota is known internationally for pain research and the development of novel analgesic medications.
Research is directed toward a broad-spectrum of questions related to pain transmission, neuroplasticity, hyperalgesia, endogenous pain inhibitory systems, and development of analgesic medications.. The pain community is also well connected with the University's Center for Addiction Research. This provides a highly enriched environment and fosters strong collaborations and interdisciplinary training opportunities. Recent initiatives from the Medical School have also resulted in substantial new institutional support for the broad area of pain medicine within the Department of Anesthesiology.
- Candidates must hold an MD, MD/PhD or DO degree.
- Graduate of an accredited ACGME residency and/or fellowship training program.
- Board eligible/certified.
- Licensed or ability to obtain Minnesota Board of Medical Practice Licensure.
- Ability to obtain/maintain DEA certification in the State of Minnesota.
- Meet threshold criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and Privileges.
- Ability to receive work authorization in the United States from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and maintain legal status according to the requirements of VISA category while in the United States.
- Applicants must demonstrate a strong record of research productivity.
- Applicants should provide evidence of an established, independent research program with a track record of external NIH-level funding.
- Current, movable funding is strongly preferred.
Information about benefits of working at the University of Minnesota and University of Minnesota Physicians can be found at https://humanresources.umn.edu/benefits & https://mphysicians.org/careers.
M Health and Clinical Partnerships:
University of Minnesota Physicians providers practice at affiliated locations under the University of Minnesota Health (M Health) shared care delivery system. M Health represents a collaboration between University of Minnesota Physicians, University of Minnesota Medical Center and Fairview Health Services to create a nationally renowned academic health system that combines academic and community resources to provide the very best clinical care to patients and communities, while also supporting research and education across the joint healthcare delivery system.
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC):
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC), is among the largest public research universities in the country, offering undergraduate, graduate, and professional students a multitude of opportunities for study and research. Located at the heart of one of the nation's most vibrant, diverse metropolitan communities, students on the campuses in Minneapolis and St. Paul benefit from extensive partnerships with world-renowned health centers, international corporations, government agencies, and arts, nonprofit, and public service organizations.
University of Minnesota Physicians is based in the beautiful Minneapolis-St. Paul metropolitan area, consistently ranked as one of the best place to live in America by U.S. News & World Report. Minneapolis-St. Paul offers a high quality of life and a low cost of living. There are excellent school systems, a thriving workforce, an award-winning culinary scene, museums of all types, outstanding theaters, and an international airport. Minneapolis boasts outdoor hobbies including fishing and boating, great golf, and some of the country's best bike trails.
EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to any lawfully protected status.
M Physicians offers competitive salary and excellent benefits and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of health care through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.
Apply for Clinician Scientist- Anesthesiology
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly