Outpatient Pulmonologist - Sunny Pacific Northwest!
Enjoy a clinic-based practice, no call and the option to perform procedures!
Yakima Lung and Asthma, part of the Yakima Valley Memorial system, is seeking a BC/BE Pulmonary Disease physician to join their team. Yakima Lung and Asthma (originally the Yakima Chest Clinic) has been serving Central WA since 1988. You’ll practice with the support of a full-time Physician Assistant and five Pulmonary/Critical Care physicians. We’re recruiting to this clinic-based Pulmonary Disease role to provide additional outpatient access. YVM offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package (valued at over $30,000) including, Medical/Dental/Vision, 401(k), 457(b), CME, paid malpractice coverage (with tail), relocation reimbursement & more.
- Hospital employed position; 4 clinic days, 1 admin day per week, inpatient Pulmonary consults and no call
- Only comprehensive pulmonology clinic in region; strong referral base
- 9-exam room clinic with both MA and PA support
- An average of 14-16 patients per day
- Procedures are optional for the Pulmonologist role, and include, EBUS, diagnostic bronchoscopy, navigation bronchoscopy, pleur-x catheter placements. These procedures are done in the inpatient setting (Yakima Valley Memorial)
- Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathic Medicine (MD or DO); completion of and ACGME or AOA accredited fellowship training program in Pulmonary Disease
- BC/BE in Pulmonary Disease
- Washington State Medical License or eligibility for licensure; DEA registered in WA State
- American Heart Association ACLS
Yakima Valley Memorial
As the region’s leading health care provider and Yakima’s largest employer, we believe that by improving health, we will transform Yakima! Yakima Valley Memorial (YVM) is a 225-bed acute-care (Level III Trauma), not-for-profit, independent community hospital that has served Central Washington's Yakima Valley for more than 70 years. YVM also includes a multi-specialty team of more than 300 providers and 20+ primary care and specialty care locations. Specialty care services include cardiac care, a continuum of cancer care, hospice care, and advanced services for children with special health care needs.
In Yakima you’ll find 300 days of sunshine each year in a city nestled in a valley surrounded by camel-colored desert hills. You’ll enjoy 4 distinct seasons and endless opportunities to enjoy the great outdoors. The Yakima Valley is an excellent place for families boasting outstanding public and private school options. Our central location allows for easy access to the Yakima, Columbia, and Snake Rivers, mountain and lowland lakes, abundant greenways, and scenery you’ll have to see to believe. Downhill and cross country skiing, world-class fly-fishing, water sports, mountain biking opportunities and gorgeous hiking trails can all be found within an hour’s drive of Yakima. Should you choose to hit the road, Seattle, Portland, and Spokane are within a three hours’ drive -- close enough to enjoy without having to deal with a grid-locked life.
The region is also known as one of the finest wine-grape growing areas anywhere. Wines from Yakima Valley vineyards have developed an international reputation rivaling Napa Valley. Many of the state’s most prized AVA’s (American Viticultural Area) are located right here. In addition to nearly 100 nearby wineries, the Yakima Valley is a craft beverage mecca with beer, cider and spirits. Drive past orchards, and you’ll also see trees heavy with pears, apples, apricots and cherries.
Those are just some reasons why we choose to call Yakima “home.” Come discover your reasons!
Apply for Outpatient Pulmonologist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly