Physician (Emergency Medicine)
Recruitment or relocation bonus may be authorized.
The Physician (Emergency Medicine) position is located in the Department of Emergency Medicine, Fort Leonard Wood, MO.
With more than 22,000 military members and their families, Ft Leonard Wood provides us with a diverse and well skilled population. The area is considered rural and located in the Heart of the Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri. Considered some of the most beautiful scenery and country in the nation, hosting many large lakes, forests, and other outdoor/recreational events to include hunting, fishing, etc. It is also a great place to raise a family.
Management prefers candidates that are Board Certified in Emergency Medicine.
This position may require rotating shift work to include evenings, nights weekends and holidays.
This position requires the applicant to be able to possess and maintain Advanced Cardiac Life Support
(ACLS) certification, Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) certification, and Pediatric Advanced Life
Support (PALS) certification.
Medical malpractice liability insurance is not required for federal civilian healthcare providers as they are covered by the Federal Tort Claims Act (28 U.S.C. 1346(b)) while acting within the scope of their employment.
Who May Apply: U.S. CitizensResponsibilities
As a Physician (Emergency Medicine) you will:
- Triage, examine, diagnose, resuscitate, stabilize, treat or direct a course of treatment for a wide range of emergent patients from the pediatric to the geriatric patient; from seriously ill to the
- Examine patients and orders appropriate tests to evaluate patient s chief, and related complaints; ascertains medical needs and initiates action to provide needed services.
- Respond to and provides support to in-house cardiopulmonary arrests (echo-medic).
- Prepare guidance, assistance, training, and instructions to subordinates for technical and administrative matters.
1. US Citizenship required
2. Current unrestricted Medical License in one of the 50 States or US Territories.
3. Basic Life Support - BLS Advanced Cardial Life Support - ACLS Pediatric Advanced Life Support - PALS Required regulatory licensure Periodic and random urinalysis drug testing Pre-employment physical Hepatitis immunization Seasonal influenza immunization Uniform and Personal Protective Equipment required
Apply for Physician (Emergency Medicine)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly