ACADEMIC JOINT CARDIAC and CARDIAC CRITICAL CARE ANESTHESIOLOGY POSITION
ACADEMIC JOINT CARDIAC and CARDIAC CRITICAL CARE ANESTHESIOLOGY POSITION,
MEDICAL COLLEGE OF WISCONSIN- MILWAUKEE, WISCONSIN: EMPLOYED OPPORTUNITY
The Department of Anesthesiology and the Divisions of Cardiac and Critical Care Anesthesiology at The Medical College of Wisconsin are seeking a Cardiac and Critical Care dual Board-Certified/Board-Eligible Fellowship-trained Anesthesiologist to join our Comprehensive Cardiac Center and Critical Care faculty.
Join us in transforming health care and connecting communities to the best of academic medicine as we provide exceptional care to diverse communities in the greater Milwaukee, Wisconsin region! The role affords the successful candidate with excellent professional opportunities in both cardiac and critical care, managing complex cardiac surgical, ECMO, and transplant patients unique to a tertiary center. Associated leadership opportunities available in education and faculty development for qualified applicants.
An ideal candidate will have enthusiasm for teaching residents and fellows, a desire to participate in scientific investigation or quality improvement, and skills sets in management of mechanical cardiac support devices and performance of cardiac ultrasound. We welcome recent fellowship graduates and H1B visa candidates.
- Join a collegial team across the Cardiac and Critical Care Divisions, including:
- Twelve fellowship-trained Critical Care Anesthesiologist faculty, five triple-board certified faculty, ten Anesthesia Critical Care advanced practice providers, and ten cardiac surgeons
- Five Cardiac and two dual-trained Cardiac/Critical Care Anesthesiologist Faculty
- Provide cardiac surgical services at a single site, provided in a tertiary/quaternary academic medical campus setting, with medically directed services in both OR and out-of-OR locations
- Collaborate with peers at a tertiary referral center for cardiac surgery with a case mix including heart and lung transplantation, durable ventricular assist devices, complex aortic reconstruction, CABG, and valve replacement/repair, and ECMO
- Work with one of the largest ECMO programs in the Midwest which includes the intensivist in the center of multi-specialty “Shock Team” to assess ECMO and cardiogenic shock consults
- Provide inpatient care at a single, Anesthesiologist-lead Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit (CVICU) of Froedtert Hospital Main Campus
- Serve as the primary/admitting physician for critically ill cardiology, advanced heart failure, and cardiac arrest patients, while collaboratively leading ICU care for surgical and mechanical support patients
- 24/7 faculty presence within the unit, with two faculty teams during daytime and a faculty night float system
Compensation & Benefits
- Highly competitive compensation with a full benefits package, 2 weeks of CME and professional development allowance, occurrence-based malpractice insurance, 403b match, outstanding employer-funded health and retirement plan, generous relocation allowance, and loan repayment for new post-fellowship faculty.
- One week of post-call time is granted for each week of 12-hour night or day shifts.
- Physician engagement and wellness is a core focus area for Froedtert and MCW.
- Value highly placed on multiple avenues for academic pursuits including research, quality improvement, and teaching without a "publish-or-perish" culture.
Froedtert and Medical College of Wisconsin’s Comprehensive Cardiac Center
With an overall mission to improve cardiovascular health in southeast Wisconsin and beyond, the CVC is at the frontlines of scientific discovery and innovative clinical care, bringing together the nation’s most renowned researchers, physicians, mentors, and students. Together, they ignite the discoveries that help prevent, detect, and treat cardiovascular diseases and improve the lives of our neighbors at home and globally. From identifying processes that induce the growth of additional blood vessels in the heart to pinpointing new genes associated with high blood pressure and heart disease in African Americans, the Cardiovascular Center (CVC) at the Medical College of Wisconsin is making significant strides in cardiovascular research.
Our Adult Critical Care Anesthesiology Fellowship Program provides trainees with extensive experience in the perioperative and intensive care of patients undergoing all types of procedures, with ability to train in both surgical critical and cardiac critical care setting.
The Department of Anesthesiology at MCW includes 120 clinical faculty members, approximately 90 certified nurse anesthetists and anesthesiologist assistants, 10 active research faculty members, 66 residents and 17 fellows in pediatric anesthesia, cardiac anesthesia, obstetric anesthesia, critical care, regional acute pain, and pain medicine. The Department anesthesiology team serves multiple sites both near the Froedtert and MCW campus, as well as several community sites and covers both ambulatory and in-patient services. Affiliated clinical sites include Froedtert Hospital, Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin (CHW), Zablocki Veterans Administration Medical Center (VAMC), Community Memorial and West Bend Hospitals, and four ambulatory surgery centers in SE Wisconsin.
Medical College of Wisconsin
At the core of everything we do at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is the pursuit of new knowledge and the power of academic medicine. Bringing together the world’s top scientists and clinicians, inspired students, and invested communities, we are driven to solve the most complex challenges in health and society. MCW is home to a diverse group of thought leaders collaborating to build a healthier world and a continuous cycle of life-changing knowledge.
As a distinguished leader and innovator in the education and development of the next generation of physicians, scientists, pharmacists, and health professionals, MCW is home to more than 1,500 students in the Medical, Graduate, and Pharmacy Schools, over 900 physicians in residency and fellowship programs, approximately 1,650 physicians, and 750 nurse practitioners, physician assistants and other healthcare practitioners.
Located along the Lake Michigan shoreline, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, is one of America’s great cities, combining a dynamic urban community with a rich cultural heritage with access to parks, rivers, and other outdoor recreation. It is home to corporate headquarters for industry leaders including Northwestern Mutual, Johnson Controls, Harley Davidson, and others. Milwaukee is a popular venue for sailing, ethnic dining, and cultural festivals; the city is recognized for its museums, fine dining and hotels, professional sports, gardens, and parks. Located less than two hours from the Chicago metro area, you can enjoy all that Wisconsin has to offer while still traveling to the “big city” life.
The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming workplace that includes individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that embracing human differences is critical to realize our vision of a healthier world, and we recognize that a healthy and thriving community starts from within. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. The Medical College of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Apply for ACADEMIC JOINT CARDIAC and CARDIAC CRITICAL CARE ANESTHESIOLOGY POSITION
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly