Internal Medicine Physician
Primary Care Physician needed at Valley Health in Ridgewood, NJ! Physician will provide medical services in the general care and treatment of patients in both practice and hospital settings. Develop standards of care in accordance with The Valley Medical Group’s Quality Assurance/ Quality Improvement process
REPORTS TO: Chair, Primary Care Services
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides comprehensive medical services for patients on a continuing basis.
- Provides, assesses and examines patients in order to make diagnosis
- Examines patients, using medical instruments and equipment.
- Elicits and records information about patients' medical history.
- Orders or executes various tests to provide information on patient's condition.
- Analyzes reports and findings of tests and examination, and diagnoses condition of patient.
- Administers or prescribes treatments and medications.
- Promotes health by advising patients concerning diet, hygiene, and methods of disease prevention.
- Inoculates and vaccinates patients to immunize patients from communicable diseases.
- Refers patients to specialist for consultant services when necessary for the patient's well being.
- Physician works collaboratively and cooperatively with peer providers, and within the organization.
- Demonstrates and models service excellence behavior at all times. Responds with concern, cooperation, and respect.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Utilizes appropriate and effective patient care plans. Completes documentation concurrently as patients are seen.
- Assures continuity of care through adequate scheduling and tracking of return visits, completion of treatment plans, and follow-up of chronic problems, abnormal tests, and “no-shows”.
- Provides appropriate patient education including clear explanation of treatment; the use and side effects of prescribed medications; health maintenance; and the use of appropriate educational “handouts” or other written instructions.
- Delegates clinical tasks appropriate to the level of training of each staff member.
- Provides an accounting of services rendered and accurate, specific diagnosis codes for each patient by completing appropriate billing/reimbursement documentation.
- Utilizes infection control and safety protocols appropriately.
- Maintains familiarity with practice’s on-site diagnostic procedures and equipment.
- Ensures the professional development of self and team, i.e. pursues continuing education opportunities and shares knowledge as appropriate with other members of the health care team; participates in professional organizations; reads professional journals and texts; etc.
- Participates in the practice’s “on-call” schedules as needed. Is available for emergency calls from VMG staff or physicians.
- Identifies opportunities to improve processes, reports, or systems that take advantage of cost savings, employee satisfaction, and/or customer satisfaction. Promotes and practices economical and effective healthcare.
- Completes in a timely manner all managed care applications, credentialing and re-credentialing requests from the corporate office.
- Abides by guidelines established by all managed care and insurance payors including Medicare.
- Conducts daily rounds on inpatients to ensure continuity of care.
- Maintains current knowledge of standards of care and practices according to evidence based practice standards.
- Responsible for the quality of care provided to ophthalmology patients.
- Assists in the development of practice standards for ophthalmology.
- Provides supervision to the nurse practitioners or physician assistants in the practice.
- Acts as a resource for consultation to other physicians as needed.
- Participates on committees and teams as requested.
- Assists in the development of new strategic market areas for service expansion.
- Participates in educational activities for Medical, Nursing, Ancillary and public audiences as requested.
- Participates in quality assessment and improvement activities, including, but not limited to Electronic Medical Record, patient/customer satisfaction survey scores, and other organizational and System targets.
- Performs such other duties as, from time to time, may be deemed appropriate by Valley Medical Group Administration.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbal and written
- Ability and interest to function as part of a team
- Exhibits a strong orientation toward the provision of high quality, cost effective, comprehensive medical care.
- Demonstrates behavior that is courteous, caring, respectful and compassionate. Listens and responds in a non-judgmental manner, with clear explanations.
- Demonstrates behavior that models the Valley Health System values and standards as well as the Valley Medical Group Mission and Vision Statements.
- Represents the organization positively
- Respects patient confidentiality at all times
- Honors commitments to the job and coworkers
- Speaks constructively about co-workers and the organization.
- Assumes responsibility and accountability of job duties
- Supports company-wide efforts to improve and maintain a high level of patient/customer satisfaction as evidenced by (but not limited to) customer/patient satisfaction survey scores.
Physical Demands\Working Conditions:
- Office environment
- Frequent talking, sitting, and writing
- Occasional stooping, kneeling, and reaching is necessary
- Has working knowledge of all office equipment, including but not limited to telephones and telephone system capabilities, copy machine, fax machine, personal computer for word processing and practice management and/or electronic medical record software.
- Concentration, corrected vision, and attention to detail are necessary
- MD or DO
- Training or experience in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine, and is Board Certified or Board Eligible. Exceptions may be made for existing employees who demonstrate sufficient expertise in the provision of appropriate medical care.
- Maintains up-to-date credentials including: CV, License, DEA, CDS, Board Certification, documentation of hospital admitting privileges.
- Maintains CME credit hours as required for Board Certification and/or hospital staff privileges.
In addition to the full-time schedule, the Doctor shall share call equally with other full-time physicians in the group.
About the Mount Sinai Health System:
The Mount Sinai Health System is New York City's largest academic medical system, encompassing eight hospitals, a leading medical school, and a vast network of ambulatory practices throughout the greater New York region. Mount Sinai advances medicine and health through unrivaled education and translational research and discovery to deliver care that is the safest, highest-quality, most accessible and equitable, and the best value of any health system in the nation. The Health System includes approximately 7,300 primary and specialty care physicians; 13 joint-venture ambulatory surgery centers; more than 415 ambulatory practices throughout the five boroughs of New York City, Westchester, Long Island, and Florida; and more than 30 affiliated community health centers. The Mount Sinai Hospital is ranked on U.S. News & World Report's "Honor Roll" of the top 20 U.S. hospitals and is top in the nation by specialty: No. 1 in Geriatrics and top 20 in Cardiology/Heart Surgery, Diabetes/Endocrinology, Gastroenterology/GI Surgery, Neurology/Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, ENT, Pulmonology/Lung Surgery, Rehabilitation, and Urology. New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai is ranked No. 12 in Ophthalmology. Mount Sinai Kravis Children's Hospital is ranked in U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Children’s Hospitals” among the country’s best in four out of 10 pediatric specialties. The Icahn School of Medicine is one of three medical schools that have earned distinction by multiple indicators: ranked in the top 20 by U.S. News & World Report's "Best Medical Schools," aligned with a U.S. News & World Report "Honor Roll" Hospital, and No. 14 in the nation for National Institutes of Health funding. Newsweek’s “The World’s Best Smart Hospitals” ranks The Mount Sinai Hospital as No. 1 in New York and in the top five globally, and Mount Sinai Morningside in the top 20 globally. For more information, visit https://www.mountsinai.org or find Mount Sinai on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
Please specify Job Title of interest and send CV with Cover Letter to:
Executive Director Physician Recruitment
Mount Sinai Health System
Apply for Internal Medicine Physician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly