Reason for Recruitment:
Munson Medical Center has an exciting opportunity for a BE/BC Spine-focused Neurosurgeon. Our state-of-the-art, regional referral and Level II Trauma center is located in stunning Traverse City, Michigan, a four-season paradise.
- Join a team of 5 highly skilled BC/BE neurosurgeons accommodating a subspecialization in cerebrovascular, neuro-oncology and spine, supported by 6.5 experienced APPs.
- Call 1:5
- Hospital employed position with competitive compensation package including signing bonus and relocation
- Enjoy two brand-new neurosurgical ORs each well equipped with StealthViz and O-arm navigation
- Practice consists of 80% spine and 20% cranial with ready spine volume due to regional growth
- Degenerative spine clinic with APP staffing
- Level II trauma designation with trauma team admitting TBI and spine-trauma
- Work closely with other specialists to provide the most comprehensive care and treatment for each patient
If you are seeking a rewarding position in the heart of a highly desirable, safe, family friendly community with big city arts, culture and culinary scenes, and an abundance of outdoor amenities, located in the number one lake beach town in America (WalletHub.com) - this is the opportunity for you.
Munson Medical Center the regional referral center for all of northern Michigan has earned a national reputation for top quality care. The 442-bed hospital offers the only verified Level II Trauma Center and Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit in Michigan s northern lower peninsula, nationally recognized cardiac care provided at the Webber Heart Center, advanced oncology services in the leading edge Cowell Family Cancer Center, a Primary Stroke Center, heart and cancer research programs, a robust teaching hospital for residents, interns, medical students, and nursing students, and a stellar orthopedics program. Munson Medical Center has served Grand Traverse, Leelanau, and Antrim counties since 1915, with a long history and heritage of keeping patients at the center of all they do.
After a great day at work, nature s paradise is waiting for you right outside the door. Located near the 45th parallel, Traverse City is well known as one of America s bucket list destinations. Named one of The Most Beautiful Towns in America, (Conde Nast Traveler, 2018) the #1 Foodie Destination in the Midwest Region (RewardExpert, 2017), and one of The Coolest 25 Towns in America: 2018, (Matador Expert) this big culture yet small-town-feel port city, home to the famed Front Street and the National Cherry Festival, is situated just miles from Sleeping Bear Dunes, an emerging wine region, enthralling historical sites, rolling u-pick farms, lighthouses, sail boats and tall ships, and countless trails just pining to be trekked. Whether you choose to live near the action in downtown Traverse City, in a lakefront dwelling on the gorgeous Leelanau or Old Mission Peninsulas, or somewhere in between, the Grand Traverse Region affords its residents with a diverse scope of living options, ranging from modest to upscale. Families can choose among award-winning, nationally recognized schools focused on college prep, career-tech, the fine arts, and more.