Occupational Health Physician
Occupational Health Physician
The Occupational Health Physician will report directly to the Goldman Sachs Americas Medical Director.
The main area of job responsibilities is oversight of the disability leave management service, which includes managing short term disability leaves, parenting, FMLA / state family leaves, Goldman Sachs paid family leave, medical accommodations, and communicable disease management. The role also includes business continuity and crisis response (e.g., pandemic planning, travel health, disease surveillance); data analytics and metrics (e.g., review vendor utilization reports, assist in development of ROI and VOI metrics), and project-based work such as population health initiatives.
- Serve as physician manager for Americas occupational health and disability leave management (e.g., medical leave certification, return to work accommodations, fitness for duty)
- Clinical oversight of team of case managers and administrators in collaboration with leadership team, Reed account manager and GS Wellness team
- Review of case management by team and participation in complex cases
- Liaison with providers to clarify nature of disability, treatment, and accommodation requests
- Collaboration with Goldman Sachs’ Human Capital Management teams, including Employee Relations, Business Partners, and the firm’s Employment Law Group in managing employees’ disability related issues
- Collaboration with other Wellness teams including health center, Employee Assistance Program, Ergonomics and Critical Health Solutions (patient advocacy service)
- Provide clinical guidance and oversight for environmental health related issues such as communicable diseases, air quality or other environmental concerns, liaising with health center and occupational health clinical teams, corporate real estate, and the firm’s environmental specialist, among others, to ensure appropriate analysis is conducted and response plan is developed and executed
- Review and approve all standard operating procedures and protocols submitted by Reed providing medical services to the firm
- Provide strategic guidance and support on pandemic planning initiatives including regular surveillance, trend analysis, and review of response plans, firm policies and procedures, trigger based action plan and supply distribution plans
Candidate Qualifications and Education:
- Education and Certifications required: Doctorate in Health Care related field
- Active state or jurisdiction health care provider licensure.
- Board Certification with applicable board specialty certification or board certification by recognized managed care or disability and absence field, e.g. American Board of Disability Analysts, American Board of Quality Assurance and Utilization Review Physicians, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, lead and execute on underwriting strategies that will increase sales, earnings, and revenue.
- Keen understanding of the insurance industry’s best practices and the industry’s growth patterns and trends.
- Extensive knowledge of legislative and state reform new business, renewal and medical underwriting rules, regulations, and practices for all product lines.
- Extensive experience in disability, leave and absence management administration (minimum of 5 years of experience) as a clinical leader
- Occupational health management experience as an employer is preferred
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbal)
- Strong presentation skills, including the ability to provide formal presentations to clients on a regular basis
- Strong computer skills, including using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint and basic data analysis and interpretation
- Experience in clinical claim auditing and clinical quality measurement.
- Effective teaching skills and experience in providing training
- Experience working as a member of an integrated team
New York/New Jersey Metropolitan Area
- Challenging work opportunities that create meaningful consumer experiences through innovative solutions
- Leadership development, skill building and philanthropic opportunities that help you reach your potential
- Competitive compensation
- No waiting period for excellent medical, dental, supplemental health, life and vision benefits for you and your dependents
- Life and disability insurance
- A great 401(k) with match
- Tuition assistance, paid parental leave and backup family care
- Dynamic, modern work environments that promote collaboration and creativity
- A culture where doing the right thing, social responsibility, inclusiveness, and community involvement matter
As the largest exclusive provider of absence management services, ReedGroup has been dedicated to helping employees return to work safely for more than 40 years. We create a seamless experience so clients can excel at their jobs and better serve their employees – supporting a thriving, engaged, and skilled workforce.
ReedGroup is a wholly-owned, independent subsidiary of The Guardian Life Insurance Company – providing even more ways we can better serve people. Guardian has been helping people protect their futures and secure their lives for more than 150 years, and today serves 27 million people by helping them find financial confidence and well-being in life, health, and wealth. And as one of the largest mutual insurance companies, we know what matters most: putting the needs of customers first.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Guardian is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Apply for Occupational Health Physician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly