Director Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Atlantic Health System in Northern Central New Jersey, seeks a Board Certified Director for its Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine (MFM). The ideal candidate has demonstrated a strong commitment to all aspects of MFM clinical care, to clinical or translational research, and to education and mentorship. Be a part of a thriving Hospital system, Both Teaching and Non-Teaching program opportunities some of which are Medicare 5 Star and Leapfrog Grade A, Healthgrades Top 50.
Morristown Medical Center is nationally ranked in 2 specialties and is the #1 hospital in New Jersey, according to U.S. News & World Report's.
Reporting to the Department Chair, the Director of MFM is directly involved with the new visionary, state-of-the-art hospital for women and newborns, providing over 9000 deliveries annually.
- Supervises physicians within Maternal Fetal Medicine Division and responsible for overall quality within the Division
- Develop and execute system wide strategies to increase volume and improve quality of care and services.
- Provide leadership and direction to site and system Perinatal Quality and Safety Committee(s)
- To interpret and perform ultrasound examinations: Basic (Level 1), transvaginal and Targeted (Level II).
- To perform prenatal diagnostic procedures, including but not limited to: amniocentesis, chorionic villus sampling, placental biopsies and funicentesis.
- To supervise the perinatal nurse clinician(s) and interpret fetal surveillance studies which include but are not limited to: antepartum fetal hear rate testing, fetal biophysical profile, amniotic fluid indices, umbilical artery Doppler flow studies, utero-placental Doppler velocimetry.
- To develop clinical policies and protocols for Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine that will be implemented by staff and personnel.
- To analyze and prepare the annual budget for the Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine and to administer such allocations provided by the Department.
- Maintain a clinical presence at other AHS Hospitals through leadership, onsite patient care and consultative services.
- To ensure close working relationships with voluntary staff and to ensure prompt and courteous service by all perinatal staff members.
- To participate in community education and scientific programs assigned.
Secondary Responsibilities, in rotation with other perinatologists:
- To assume responsibility for High Risk Maternal Transports: Management and Delivery after arrival to Morristown or Overlook
- To supervise the clinical aspects of the Maternal Fetal Medicine Service, to include but not limited to Atlantic Health System Hospitals. Including but not limited to ICU environments.
- To supervise High-Risk Clinic and uncomplicated OB Clinic
- To be perinatal consultation to obstetricians, internist and other referring physicians.
- To be principle and co-investigator for departmental clinical studies.
- To be preceptor and attending rotating OB/GYN residents.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications, plus excellent benefits, relocation assistance, and professional development opportunities are part of this nationally and locally competitive compensation package.
Powered by a workforce of almost 17,000 team members and 4,800 affiliated physicians dedicated to building healthier communities, Atlantic Health System serves more than half of the state of New Jersey including 11 counties and 4.9 million people. The system offers more than 400 sites of care, including seven hospitals: Morristown Medical Center in Morristown, NJ, Overlook Medical Center in Summit, NJ, Newton Medical Center in Newton NJ, Chilton Medical Center in Pompton Plains, NJ, Hackettstown Medical Center in Hackettstown, NJ, Goryeb Children s Hospital in Morristown, NJ, and Atlantic Rehabilitation Institute in Madison, NJ.
We are confident that you will find success within Atlantic Health System, which has been named for the 13th year in a row to Fortune s Top 100 Best U.S. Companies to Work For list.
Apply for Director Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly