MEDICAL DIRECTOR: MEDICARE ADVANTAGE AND NETWORK PERFORMANCE: Banner Health - Phoenix, Arizona
The Banner Health Insurance Division has an exciting new opportunity to join the growing team of Physician leaders in a non-clinical leadership role at Banner Health Corporate Center in Phoenix, AZ. Regarded and recognized as a top health system in the country for the clinical quality consistently provided to patients in our hospitals, Banner Health operates 29 hospitals, including three academic medical centers and other related health entities and services in six states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Nebraska, Nevada, and Wyoming.
The Banner Health Insurance Division manages over 1 million members in value-based contracts, including ACO models, down-side MA contracts (both full and partial delegation), a joint venture commercial plan called Banner|Aetna, and a fully owned Medicaid Plan. Members in these plans live across Arizona and Northern Colorado, and are managed by providers in many of Banner’s clinically integrated networks (CIN) and contracted providers. The Insurance Division has a Population Health Services Organization (PHSO) that provides services for both our owned health and affiliated health plans.
The candidate hired will be responsible for assisting leadership in the startup and ongoing support of our Banner Medicare Advantage Prime/Plus insurance plan and guide the specialist component of our CIN and; will oversee the overall medical/clinical strategy for the Banner MA Prime/Plus products, and give guidance on how to most effectively leverage the resources provided by the PHSO. In partnership with the Banner MA Prime/Plus CEO, you will also assist in promoting the product and building relationships in the clinical and broker community for a successful product launch and ongoing member growth.
Qualifications and Essential functions include:
- Experienced Board-Certified Physician, minimum of 5 years practice experience
- Health plan experience required
- Medicare Advantage experience a plus
- Participates in clinical performance improvement initiatives of network specialty clinics, hospitals, and aligned entities
- Collaborates with other Insurance Division team members within the population health services organization (PHSO) to deliver on the health care “Quadruple Aim”, with a focus on the ACO and value-based payer contracts
- Assists in the ongoing evolution of our specialist Clinically Integrated Networks, leading the development of guidelines and practice standards with community physician leaders and other clinicians to ensure success in our value-based payer arrangement
- Proven understanding of the value-based payer landscape is preferred, as well as an understanding of operational levers needed to optimize outcomes for Insurance Division members/patients in various care settings:ambulatory clinics, acute care facilities, ancillary facilities, etc.
- Strong Communication Skills to be able to move change through influence
- Schedule M-F | 8-5 PM
Banner Health’s Total Compensation package includes:
- Competitive salary
- Paid malpractice
- Paid CME
- 401k retirement plan with 4% match after one year of service
- Excellent benefit package options that provide security for you and your family
We encourage you to submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions, please call Chanelle Kisting, Sourcing Strategist, at (602) 747-6326. Visit our website: www.bannerhealth.com Please, No Agency Solicitation.
The safety of our team members and patients is of utmost importance, so Banner is requiring the COVID-19 vaccine for all team members. As members of the health care field, we are in the business of caring for people, so we take seriously our commitment to ensure our patients and teams are safeguarded from this rapidly changing and dangerous disease.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner Health recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. Banner Health is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer.