Hospice & Palliative Care Medical Director Opportunity
Hospice & Palliative Care Medical Director Opportunity - BridgingLife, a LifeBridge Health Partner: Westminster, Randallstown & Baltimore MD
For more than 35 years, BridgingLife, formerly known as Carroll Hospice, has delivered nationally recognized, compassionate care to patients and their families in our community. We’ve expanded our services across the LifeBridge Health continuum of care to help serve people living with serious illness in the areas of palliative care, home hospice care, inpatient hospice care, and grief support.
We are now searching for a full-time Medical Director to oversee our robust, growing program. This is an excellent opportunity for a physician with advanced knowledge and skills in the specialty area of hospice and palliative care medicine.
- Assume responsibility for medical care of patients receiving hospice care in conjunction with the attending physician and Interdisciplinary Group (IDG). Attend and actively participate in weekly IDG meeting(s), providing clinical leadership, guidance and medical expertise to the other members of the IDG.
- Certify and recertify, as required, patient eligibility for hospice care.
- Complete required narrative for certificates of terminal illness.
- Participate in the development, implementation, and ongoing revision of an initial and subsequent comprehensive plan of care (“POC”) for each patient.
- Review medication regimens of patients for effectiveness of drug therapy, drug side effects, actual or potential drug interactions, duplicate drug therapy, and drug therapy currently associated with laboratory monitoring, and assist the IDG to define and measure meaningful outcomes to assess effectiveness of interventions and medications.
- Participate in call coverage for the Hospice Program to include once daily rounding on assigned Inpatient Units. Participate in physician services to BridgingLife for routine and emergency situations 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Provide Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee leadership.
- Actively participate in Quality/Performance Improvement Activities (QAPI) to ensure continuous monitoring and improvement of care delivery & regulatory compliance.
- Review BridgingLife Utilization Review activities quarterly and make recommendations as needed.
- Competitive annual salary
- Full benefit package
- Medical malpractice insurance
- 403(b) Plan
- CME allowance
- Professional Dues
- Cell Phone Stipend
BridgingLife is accredited by the Community Health Accreditation Program (CHAP).
CHAP accreditation publicly certifies that an organization has voluntarily met the highest standards of excellence for home and/or community-based health care.
BridgingLIfe is a member of:
- Hospice and Palliative Care Network of Maryland
- National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization
Apply for Hospice & Palliative Care Medical Director Opportunity
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly