Vice Chair of Faculty Affairs, Open Rank Faculty Anesthesiology
The University Of Virginia Department Of Anesthesiology is seeking a Vice Chair of Faculty Affairs and Faculty Development. At a minimum, the open position requires the applicant meet the established criteria for the rank of Professor at the University of Virginia and have significant experience in faculty development. This position will report directly to the Chair. Duties to include the following:
- Partner and collaborate with the Chair, other departmental leaders and departmental administrators to recruit and retain a diverse group of talented faculty with a commitment in one or all of our academic missions of clinical care, education, and research
- Partner and collaborate with the Senior Associate Dean for Faculty Affairs and Faculty Development at UVA School of Medicine to continually support, sponsor and promote our faculty in their efforts to achieve personal and professional success in clinical care, research, and/or education.
- Develop and maintain a robust faculty development program that is catered to individual faculty members based upon their academic level and interests
- Develop and maintain a mechanism to identifying faculty members for nomination to local, regional, and national prestigious awards in anesthesiology and in academic medicine in general
- Chair the UVA Department of Anesthesiology Promotion and Tenure Committee
- Support the faculty promotion and tenure program as chair of above committee
- Develop and maintain a faculty orientation and on-boarding program that provides our new faculty a comprehensive platform from which to achieve their greatest success as an academic anesthesiologist at the University of Virginia
- Develop and maintain a robust 360 degree/peer evaluation system
- Partner with the Vice Chair of Clinical operations to develop and maintain the UVA Department of Anesthesiology Faculty Ongoing Professional Practice Evaluation and Focused Professional Practice Evaluation program as required by UVA Credentialing and Joint Commission
- Partner with the Chair, School of Medicine and Health System leaders to develop and maintain a comprehensive program and pathway for the management of unprofessional behavior on the part of members of the Department of Anesthesiology
- Deliver quality clinical care
- Provide medical supervision of residents and Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists
- Teach fellows, residents, and students
- Perform research if interested
Rank and tenure status are dependent upon qualifications. The tenure-eligible faculty positions are designed for and require physicians with an interest in a balanced career of clinical care, research, and teaching. The tenure-ineligible faculty positions are designed for and require physicians focused on quality clinical care, including active participation in teaching. Tenure-ineligible hires may be eligible to convert to a tenure-eligible track at an appropriate time in the future, consistent with the School of Medicine Promotion and Tenure guidelines and candidate qualifications: https://faculty.med.virginia.edu/facultyaffairs/advancement/pandt/faculty-tracks/.
The department and its members provide anesthesia care for close to 60,000 cases in approximately 65 anesthetic locations, which include main operating rooms, an ambulatory surgical center and many non-operating room anesthesia locations.
Qualified candidates must have an MD or equivalent degree and must have completed an anesthesiology residency program. Qualified candidates must be American Board of Anesthesiology certified or certification-eligible.
Please apply through Workday (myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs), and search for R0027665. Complete an application online and submit:
- Cover Letter – please include how you learned about this position
- Contact information for at least 3 references
Applicants invited for interviews may be asked to provide 2 letters of recommendation at the discretion of the search committee.
Please note multiple documents can be submitted in the CV/Resume Box. Alternatively, materials may be bundled into 1 document for submission. Applications that do not contain all of the required documents will not receive full consideration. Internal applicants must apply through their UVA Workday profile.
For additional information about the positions, please contact the Search Committee Chair, Keith Littlewood, MD, via email at KEL2N@virginia.edu.
The University of Virginia assists UVA faculty spouses and partners seeking employment in the Charlottesville area. To learn more about these services, please see https://dualcareer.virginia.edu/
Review of applicants will begin October 1, 2021, and the positions will remain open until filled.
The selected candidate will be required to complete a background check at time of offer per University Policy.
Apply for Vice Chair of Faculty Affairs, Open Rank Faculty Anesthesiology
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly