Vice Chair Clinical Operations
The University Of Virginia Department Of Anesthesiology is seeking a Vice Chair of Clinical Operations. At a minimum, this open position requires the applicant to meet the established criteria for the rank of Associate Professor or above at the University of Virginia and have significant experience in leading perioperative clinical operations. This position will report directly to the Chair.
Duties to include the following:
- Partner and collaborate with the Chair, the Associate Chief Medical Officer of Perioperative Services and the Administrator for Perioperative Services to develop, maintain, and optimize perioperative strategic planning and growth
- Partner and collaborate with the Chair, department administrators, and other departmental leaders to develop, optimize and maintain the department operations.
- Develop, maintain, and optimize both the monthly and daily clinical schedules for the department’s 65+ anesthesiologists
- Partner and collaborate with the department’s division chiefs to ensure optimization of both the monthly and daily clinical scheduling as it relates to pairing clinical expertise with clinical needs
- Partner and collaborate with the department’s program directors and Chief CRNA to ensure in-room clinician staffing needs are appropriately coordinated and met
- Supervise and standardize OR anesthesia clinical operations across UVA Health Systems greater than 65 daily anesthetizing sites
- Partner with the Vice Chair of Faculty Affairs and Faculty Development to develop and maintain the UVA Department of Anesthesiology Faculty Ongoing Professional Practice Evaluation and Focused Professional Practice Evaluation program as required by UVA Credentialing and Joint Commission
- Deliver quality clinical care
- Provide medical supervision of residents and Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists
- Teach fellows, residents, and students
- Perform research if interested
Rank and tenure status are dependent upon qualifications. The tenure-eligible faculty positions are designed for and require physicians with an interest in a balanced career of clinical care, research, and teaching. The tenure-ineligible faculty positions are designed for and require physicians focused on quality clinical care, including active participation in teaching. Tenure-ineligible hires may be eligible to convert to a tenure-eligible track at an appropriate time in the future, consistent with the School of Medicine Promotion and Tenure guidelines and candidate qualifications: https://faculty.med.virginia.edu/facultyaffairs/advancement/pandt/faculty-tracks/.
The department and its members provide anesthesia care for close to 60,000 cases in approximately 65 anesthetic locations, which include main operating rooms, an ambulatory surgical center and many non-operating room anesthesia locations.
Qualified candidates must have an MD or equivalent degree and must have completed an anesthesiology residency program. Qualified candidates must be American Board of Anesthesiology certified or certification-eligible.
- Please apply through Workday (myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs), and search for R0027664. CV
- Cover Letter – please include how you learned about this position
- Contact information for at least 3 references
Applicants invited for interviews may be asked to provide 2 letters of recommendation at the discretion of the search committee.
Please note multiple documents can be submitted in the CV/Resume Box. Alternatively, materials may be bundled into 1 document for submission. Applications that do not contain all of the required documents will not receive full consideration. Internal applicants must apply through their UVA Workday profile.
For additional information about the positions, please contact the Search Committee Chair, Peggy P. McNaull, MD, Professor & Chair, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Virginia assists UVA faculty spouses and partners seeking employment in the Charlottesville area. To learn more about these services, please see https://dualcareer.virginia.edu/
Review of applicants will begin October 1, 2021, and the positions will remain open until filled.
For questions about the application process please contact Ashley Cochran, Senior recruiter at email@example.com.
The selected candidate will be required to complete a background check at time of offer per University Policy.
Apply for Vice Chair Clinical Operations
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly