Novant Health | Family Medicine Physician/Medical Director Health Equity (LGBT + Health Services)
Novant Health Midtown Family Medicine is currently recruiting a Board Certified Family Medicine Physician/ Medical Director Health Equity (LGBT + Health Services) to join their practice located in Charlotte, NC. The practice has been providing comprehensive primary care services for 9 years. The office is open Monday-Thursday, 7 am-5 pm and Friday, 7 am-4 pm, with an average daily patient panel of 20 per provider. The providers care for patients of all ages, from birth through adulthood. Physicians that enjoy the entire scope of family medicine and have a special interest in LGBT+ medical care are encouraged to apply.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF MEDICAL DIRECTOR HEALTH EQUITY (LGBT + HEALTH SERVICES)
Physician will be responsible for partnering with other leaders and physicians throughout the organization to achieve the vision of delivering a remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time and, with the expectation that Physician will devote a minimum of 1,040 hours per calendar year, Physician will perform the following duties as Medical Director Health Equity (LGBT + Health Services):
- Provides leadership for the development and implementation of the Novant Health LGBT+ Health Services team.
- Provides medical consultation and direction to the Office of Diversity, Inclusion and
- Equity in the implementation of the SOGI (Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity) initiative
- Identifies health disparities for this community and facilitate processes to achieve Health Equity (LGBT + Health Services)
- Develops centers of excellence for LBGT+ health care
- Develops LGBT+ health champions in each office or submarket
- Validates LGBTQ+ provider expertise to be reflected on Novant Health’s physician finder
- Reviews internal policy and provides recommendations for change
- Remains current with LGBTQ+ legislative issues and policies and works with government relations on advocacy related to the LGBTQ+ community
- Develops growth strategies in caring for the LGBTQ+ population
- Serves as a consultant to marketing in our advertising and promoting Novant Health’s LGBTQ+ initiatives
- Develops and implements measures of success
- Participates in Novant Health Health Equity (LGBT + Health Services) and other Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity Councils and Quality Operations Teams
- Co-leads the LGBTQ Advisory Council to leverage the community in assessing and fulfilling the remarkable patient experience and ensuring health equity
- Develops Care Pathways to improve quality of care
- Develops and provides team member education (computer-based learning, videos,
- pamphlets, etc.)
- Interfaces with ambulatory and acute care leaders to ensure the remarkable patient
- experience is delivered
- Participates in processes for Novant Health to achieve national recognitions, such as the Human Rights Campaign HEI
- Ensures compliance with regulatory agencies for LGBT+ services (TJC, HRC, CMS, etc.)
- Develops and improves relationships with LGBT+ community in each market
- Serves as an executive sponsor to the LGBT+ BRG
- Educates locally and regionally as a subject matter expert in LGBTQ healthcare
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as may be reasonably required to accomplish the purposes of this Agreement.
The Greater Charlotte market offers attractive living with access to shopping, fine dining, plentiful outdoor recreation, professional sporting events, concerts, and cultural events, public and private schools, and universities.
Are you looking for a new opportunity in a rapidly growing healthcare system that focuses on a culture of safety and team member growth?
Come join our team!
For our primary care providers:
- Access is a key theme – Novant Health encourages same day, extended hours, e-visits and video visits to deliver care where and when our patients need us.
- All of our community medicine physician leaders maintain a patient panel to remain connected to the day-to-day challenges and joys of practicing medicine.
- Many of our clinics utilize a team approach to care, which includes PAs, NPs, clinical pharmacy practitioners, health behaviorists and clinical RNs.
Novant Health offers:
- 2 year salary guarantee
- NH Medical Group employed
- Medical and Retirement Benefits
- Relocation Allowance
- CME Allowance
- System wide EHR-Epic
- Work-Life balance
Novant Health Medical Group
- Is one of the largest medical groups in the nation
- Offers resiliency training for physicians and team members to prevent burnout
- Is nationally recognized for advanced care and one of the largest community based, non-profit healthcare systems
- Is well known for being physician-led and physician-driven. For example, our physicians are in every area of leadership across the organization. That means every strategic discussion has physicians at the table, and every market partners a physician leader with an administrator. The result is a focus on the details that are important to physicians.
What does it mean to be a part of Novant Health?
- A commitment to patient centered care and our model of spending more time with each patient, and creating a seamless system of care for our patients are the foundations of our success
- Sharing a philosophy of putting high value on the patient experience
- Joining with a world-class team of more than 1,600 physicians and over 28,000 employees that provide care at over 640 locations, including 15 hospitals and hundreds of outpatient facilities and physician clinics to transform the patient experience
- Novant Health cares for patients and communities in North Carolina, Virginia, South Carolina and Georgia.
- In 2019, Forbes ranked the organization first in North Carolina and 38th nationally on its 2019 Best Employers for Diversity list.
Novant Health provided more than $883 million in community benefit, including financial assistance and services, in 2018.
Join us, and let’s transform healthcare together.
If you are interested in learning more, please send your CV to Sara Beth Caldwell, Physician Recruiter, at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Novant Health, one of our core values is diversity and inclusion. By engaging the strengths and talents of each team member, we ensure a strong organization capable of providing remarkable healthcare to our patients, families and communities. Therefore, we invite applicants from all group dynamics to apply to our exciting career opportunities.
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of medicine required.
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team work, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of "First Do No Harm".
Share on your newsfeed
Need help finding the right job?