Chief of Palliative Care
Dignity Health Medical Group - Arizona is seeking a dynamic, clinical leader to help develop and grow a multidisciplinary Palliative Care service line in its flagship location of St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center. This individual will have an instrumental position in nurturing relationships within the hospital, physicians, and clinics to implement standards for patient care that comply with all laws, regulations and deliver an above-average patient experience. This leader will ensure the department meets current needs and address/identify future needs of patients by introducing new technology, services and oversees the Palliative Care Fellowship as well as established quality of care standards. Provides input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility and collaborative cross-functional teams.
The Chief of the Palliative Care Service Line is the Physician who has been assigned by the medical group to lead the medical multidisciplinary activities of the Service Line. The role of the Chief will be to pursue the full development of the Service Line in terms of quality of care, volume, scope of services, and cost-effectiveness, and to organize and manage the overall physician component of the program.
- Provide direct patient care in the inpatient and outpatient settings
- Precept two Hospice and Palliative Medicine Fellows in training
- Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, with periodic weekend call coverage
- Be part of a multidisciplinary team that provides excellent care for all patients
- MD or DO Degree
- Successful completion of an ACGME accredited residency program and a Hospice and Palliative Medicine or Geriatric Medicine fellowship
- A passion for providing clinically excellent care
- Must have or be eligible for an Arizona state medical license
- Ability to achieve full and unrestricted hospital/surgical privileges at Dignity Health Arizona hospitals
What We Offer
- Highly competitive salary and benefits package
- Sign-on bonus/Relocation
- Fully funded pension in addition to 403(b)
- CME benefits
With over 240 physicians and 800 total employees, Dignity Health Medical Group - Arizona is a comprehensive, integrated, multi-specialty, academic medical group that serves Dignity Health St. Joseph’s and Westgate Medical Centers, Chandler Regional Medical Center, and Mercy Gilbert Medical Center – a flagship region of Dignity Health currently ‘headquartered’ in San Francisco, California. The physicians of DHMG-AZ are regularly involved with clinical duties, as well as academics and translational bench research, keeping the enhancement of care and the patient experience at the forefront of the work that they do.
Dignity Health, as part of CommonSpirit Health – the largest not-for-profit healthcare organization in the nation—seeks to serve the poor and disenfranchised, while furthering the healing ministry of Jesus Christ. The mission of Dignity Health Medical Group - Arizona is consistent with Dignity Health's mission and St. Joseph's guiding principles with a focus on innovative clinical care and the pursuit of excellence through scholarly activities. As part of the Dignity Health hospital system, DHMG-AZ has full access to the staff and all facilities on our hospital campuses. This unique relationship with our hospital allows the group to provide its patients with state-of-the-art patient services including care of the poor and disenfranchised.
Like its legendary namesake rising out of the ashes, the greater Phoenix area has emerged as one of the bright metropolitan areas of the 21st century. The Phoenix area encompasses more than 20 incorporated cities, including Glendale, Scottsdale, Tempe, and Mesa, and all serve as a timeless Southwestern backdrop to the spirit of Puebloans, cowboys, miners, and visionaries. Recently, the Census Bureau named Arizona’s Maricopa County, which includes the greater Phoenix metro area, the county with the nation’s highest annual population growth. Home to more than 4 million residents where everyone has a sunny disposition, the Phoenix area also ranks as the sixth-largest city in the United States. Phoenix is a premier destination offering the best of both worlds: a growing and diverse economy and a great place to live with more than 300 sun-filled days a year and an almost endless supply of attractions including:
- 189 city parks, 33,000 acres of desert preserves, and 200 miles of trails
- Host to MLB Spring Training and the annual Fiesta Bowl
- Home of the “Phoenix Open” and 200 golf courses
- Professional sports teams including the Arizona Diamondbacks and the Arizona Cardinals.
- Host to 5 Fortune 500 company headquarters
- The “Best Mexican Food North of the Border”
- Affordable housing and cost of living
- A family-friendly area, with the Children’s Museum of Phoenix, ample youth sports and athletic leagues, the Challenger Space Center Arizona, a wide variety of school options, including public, private, magnet, and charter, the Phoenix Zoo, large water parks, SEA LIFE Arizona, and many more!
The Phoenix area is also a destination for people from all over the world to receive outstanding healthcare. This is particularly true of Dignity Health’s St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center – home to the world-renown Barrow Neurological Institute and The Norton Thoracic Institute - #1 lung transplant program in the U.S. - as well as many other world-class healthcare services and teaching programs.
Apply for Chief of Palliative Care
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly