St. Luke s Neurosurgical Associates (SLNA), located in the Lehigh Valley of Eastern Pennsylvania, is seeking a BC/BE neurosurgeon to join a collegial, well-established, hospital employed group of 8 neurosurgeons. This is the pre-eminent neurosurgery practice in the Lehigh Valley region of Pennsylvania with a strong referral base and solid track record of developing multidisciplinary neurosciences programs with administrative support
The special feature of this group is the quality of the partners and the neurosurgery they practice. The successful candidate will be comfortable with all aspects of general neurosurgery. An interest neuro trauma, epilepsy surgery or functional neurosurgery is a plus! Present partners also subspecialize in an area of interest/training.
Features of the practice:
- Network comprised of 12 hospitals. Primary neurosurgical call is dedicated to physically cover the Bethlehem Campus as well as the level 2 trauma center at the Anderson campus; ER calls can come from all locations, but anything urgent/surgical being transferred to one of the above
- Call will be 1:6 on primary neurosurgical call as well as 1:6 backup call (1:3 overall). The service is consultative, with both trauma/surgical critical care or medical/internal medicine hospitalists handling admissions & taking first call
- Comprehensive Stroke Center, with separate cerebrovascular/endovascular call structure
- Minimal pediatric neurosurgery cases stabilized and transferred
- Electronic office and hospital medical records (Epic), including home access including to PACS
- Referrals developed from extensive Network owned PCP practices, 10 Network ERs, neurology, spine & pain practice, oncology, ENT, etc. No in-network neurosurgery competition. 1 spine focused orthopedic surgeon in Network very collegial relationship.
- Extensive corp of Advanced Practitioners to assist in ORs, facilitate rounding, office volumes, etc.
- Medical draw area of 1.1M residents in 11 counties
St. Luke s University Hospital, the Network s tertiary hub, is a 486-bed, Level 1 Trauma Center with a 14-bed Trauma/Neuro-ICU. Hospital highlights:
- Excellent medical/surgical critical care and hospitalist services taking first call on non-surgical pathologies with neurosurgeons consulting
- Block OR Time
- 2 x 1.5T MRI, 2 64-slice and 1 16-slice CT, Varian Trilogy Radiosurgery unit, Zeiss Pentero neurosurgical operating microscopes, Medtronics StealthStation frameless stereotactic systems, endoscopic/ventriculoscopic OR system
St Luke s Anderson Campus, Level 2 Trauma Center, 108 beds with 8 ICU beds
- Same structure of medical/surgical critical care and hospitalists service at this campus
- Block OR Time
- 2 x 1.5T MRI, 64-slice CT, Varian Truebeam frameless SRS unit, Zeiss Pentero neurosurgical operating microscope
In joining St. Luke s University Health Network you ll enjoy:
- Team-based care with well-educated, dedicated support staff
- A culture in which innovation is highly valued
- Work/life balance & flexibility
- Exceptional compensation package, starting bonus, and relocation reimbursement
- Rich benefits package including malpractice, health and dental insurance, and CME allowance
- Teaching, research, quality improvement and strategic development opportunities
The Lehigh Valley
Set amid gentle hills and charming country sides, Lehigh Valley, PA is home to Allentown, Bethlehem, and Easton, as well as dozens of small towns and picturesque boroughs, parks, trails, and waterways. Steeped in pre-Colonial, Early American, and industrial history, the region s storied past became its uplifting present, bestowing visitors anything from crayons and craft beer to Martin Guitars and museums, covered bridges, and nationally-recognized events like Musikfest and Christkindlmarkt.
The Lehigh Valley is in close proximity to NYC, Philly, DC and the Jersey Shore. Outstanding higher education facilities include Lehigh University and Moravian College. Cost of living is low and coupled with minimal congestion; choose among a variety of charming urban, semi-urban and rural communities your family will enjoy calling home. There is easy access to outdoor activities like skiing, snowboarding, white water rafting, and zip lining. The Lehigh Valley encompasses three unique cities in one suburban area. For more information please visit www.discoverlehighvalley.com.
About St. Luke's University Health Network
Founded in 1872, St. Luke s University Health Network (SLUHN) is a fully integrated, regional, non-profit network of more than 16,000 employees providing services at 12 hospitals and 300+ outpatient sites. With annual net revenue greater than $2 billion, the Network s service area includes 11 counties: Lehigh, Northampton, Berks, Bucks, Carbon, Montgomery, Monroe, Schuylkill and Luzerne counties in Pennsylvania and Warren and Hunterdon counties in New Jersey.
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR CANDIDATES: COVID-19 VACCINE REQUIREMENT
As a leading healthcare provider, St. Luke s University Health Network is committed to protecting our employees, patients and community. As we continue to provide quality care to our patients, we are taking important next steps to prevent undue harm to our employees & ensure our patients have a safe environment for medical care and treatment. Effective immediately, St. Luke s is requiring all new hires, along with our current employees, to be fully vaccinated against COVID as a condition of employment. Medical or religious exemptions will be reviewed as per our policy and guidelines.