Chief/Attending Palliative Care
Chief/Attending Palliative Care
Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients throughout New York City. With over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States, we believe our highly skilled practitioners do more than just diagnose and treat; we uplift the spirits and dignity of patients because we love what we do, and it shows.
We are currently seeking a Palliative Medicine Chief/Attending to join our team in an exciting full-time role where you will split your time 75% at Jacobi Medical Center and 25% at North Central Bronx. The Palliative Care Physician will work in collaboration with other interdisciplinary team members as an active part of the palliative care program to deliver palliative care and health care services to patients and families within an inpatient and/or outpatient setting. An ideal candidate will have experience building and administrating a Palliative Care Division, however less experienced candidates with potential will be considered for an attending role to be reevaluated for the division chief.
Attending Responsibilities include:
- Performing complete multi-domain palliative care bedside and/or clinic evaluation of patients and families.
- Providing meticulous pain and symptom assessment and management.
- Ordering, performing and interpreting laboratory and radiology tests as appropriate for palliative care needs.
- Consulting and collaborating with the primary treating and interdisciplinary teams as needed to assist with diagnosis, treatment and management of acute and chronic health conditions as they relate to palliative care practice and, providing written documentation of findings and recommendations to the primary physician/team.
- Supporting a culturally sensitive approach to patient and family care.
Division Chief Responsibilities include: ·Developing, articulating and ensuring the scope and quality of palliative care services by the Division in alignment with patient needs and the Department and Enterprise missions and priorities. ·Embedding/promoting palliative care education and scholarly activities for all levels of trainees. ·Ensuring continuous performance improvement to meet/exceed benchmarks. ·Recruiting and developing palliative care practitioners to enable the scope of services. Qualifications include:
- Board Certification or Eligibility in Palliative Medicine
- Current NYS license (or the ability to obtain one)
- Ideally, a track record of leadership with progressive responsibilities
- Competitive compensation package.
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service.
- Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan.
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage.
- Generous paid time off program.
- CME days.
- Eligibility for loan forgiveness through the National Student Debt Forgiveness Center.
- Visa candidates are encouraged to apply.
To be considered, or for more information about this role, please send a copy of your CV to: Lea Power Carpenter, Director, Talent Acquisition, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply online.
Physician Affiliate Group of New York
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V