Job Description & Requirements
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Faculty in Virginia
The Department of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation at Eastern Virginia Medical School (EVMS), southeastern Virginia’s premier institution for medical education and research, is recruiting a full-time faculty member to join their team. Located in the port city of Norfolk, VA, and serving the broad area of coastal Virginia known as the Hampton Roads region, EVMS is a diverse and dynamic medical school. Located on campus is our award-winning hospital partner, Sentara Norfolk General Hospital (SNGH), a 525-bed quaternary care hospital.
We are seeking a qualified, board-certified physiatrist for this position, which will include clinical care and teaching responsibilities, as well as opportunities for research or other scholarly pursuits. The Department has a robust patient panel with a strong referral base, offering a mix of outpatient rehabilitation, inpatient consults, and both acute and chronic pain patients.Opportunity Highlights
Community Highlights—Norfolk, Virginia
- Traditional PM&R role
- 80% clinical effort and 20% academic time
- Core residency faculty - provide both clinical and didactic education to PM&R residents
- Desirable work-life balance—residents take primary call and remain with physicians on weekend rounds (1:6 rotation)
- Opportunities to incorporate specialty clinics, inpatient consults, or build other areas of clinical interest
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits, including fantastic PTO and generous employer retirement contributions, among many other perks!
Norfolk, VA is centrally located in the 1.8 million person Hampton Roads area on the Chesapeake Bay, just a short drive from the Virginia Beach oceanfront. Miles of waterfront, historical and cultural attractions, ample outdoor recreation, and lively nightlife offer something for everyone here in Hampton Roads. The city is home to the world’s largest naval base and is known for its abundance of unique character-filled neighborhoods.
About the Company
- A family community with events and activities for all ages
- A lower cost of living than the national average
- Remarkable housing options—live in town or on the water
- Exceptional public and private schools
- Easy access to Washington, D.C.
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nation’s leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
Physical Medicine And Rehabilitation, Physiatry, Physiatrist, Pm&R, Physician, Healthcare, Health Care, Patient Care, Hospital, Medical, Doctor, Md, Locum Tenens