OB/GYN Physician - Medical Director
Access Now is an acute care walk in clinic where all women can access and receive women s health services. Access Now offers in-center scheduled telehealth and walk in OB/GYN services 7days/week while reducing barriers to care such as lengthy appointments lags, inconvenient hours and financial and insurance barriers.
General Summary: Provides administrative and clinical oversight of day-to-day operations for Access Now.
Supervision Exercised: Physician, Advance Practitioners and clinical staffing
- Provides direction and oversight of the day-to-day clinical activities and collaborates with APPs, office manager/administrator on administrative operations.
- Works in conjunction with (Clinical and Business) operations leadership to facilitate the implementation or modification of operational and clinical processes including regulatory issues, predefined quality goals, and any process identified as needing change or improvement.
- Represents Access Now at various meetings focused on quality, practice management, facilities, etc.
- Attends monthly operational and issue resolution meetings, as needed.
- Ensure transfers, handoffs and collaborations with internal and external practices and hospitals are handled according to Axia and the hospital s clinical and administrative protocol. Responsible for collaboration with admitting and covering physicians for Access Now patients admitted to hospitals. Ensuring they are rounded on and have a seamless handoff process and discharge documents are added to their eCW record.
- Supports EMR implementation & maintenance in the Axia Access Now Center location including providing point person to assist in any customization work that is required and overseeing the education and mentoring of all practitioners that work at Access Now.
- Addresses all Access Now clinical patient relations issues.
- Coordinates the development of policies (including point of care requirements), procedures, and clinical pathways relating to Access Now.
- Serves as center liaison to other Axia internal and external clinicians.
- Coordinates with center providers and clinical staff and schedules to provide adequate coverage seven (7) days a week at Access Now, per contracted number of hours.
- Evaluates physician and practitioner performance and productivity, including NP and PA students as appropriate.
- Provides oversight for NP and PA (as approved by the Medical Director) students in an ambulatory setting with a focus of comprehensive Ob/Gyn management of women.
- Review oversight of APPs as prescriptive and collaborative physician according to NJ State and Axia guidelines. Review APPs notes and provide regular supervisory feedback. Follow incident to billing and documentation guidelines where applicable.
- Provides direct hands on patient care to Access Now.
- Serves as Liaison between Access Now and other Ob/Gyn Practices.
- Positively represents the Access Now service within the community.
- Maintains privileges at privileges at local hospital for non-office surgery sessions and possible scheduled c-sections
- Review usage and protocols regarding med dispensary scripts, formulary, etc. (if applicable)
- Requires AIUM certification and review and oversight of ultrasounds and ultrasound documentation, read process and reporting.
AXIA WOMEN S HEALTH:
Axia Women s Health is a community of caring, connected, progressive health professionals committed to giving women more. Women deserve access to a more attentive, more sophisticated, more compassionate healthcare experience that meets their changing needs across time. We connect women to a wider spectrum of care that delivers innovative technology and treatments. The strength of our network gives us the power to continuously elevate the quality of our care while preserving the personalized nature of our approach.
Our fast-growing network spans OB/GYN physicians, breast health centers, high-risk pregnancy centers, laboratories, urogynecology, fertility centers, and more. Together, we put women first by connecting them to the total care they need to lead healthier, happier lives.
Access Now is an acute care location where all women can access and receive women s health services. Access Now offers in-center scheduled telehealth and walk in OB/GYN services 7days/week while reducing barriers to care such as lengthy appointments lags, inconvenient hours and financial and insurance barriers.
Apply for OB/GYN Physician - Medical Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly