Come join us in our newest Bethpage medical office!
We are seeking a Gastroenterology trained physician to join us Full-Time in pursuit of high quality patient care to provide Gastroenterology services including but not limited to diagnosis, treatment, coordination of care, preventive care and health maintenance. in our Babylon/Bethpage medical offices.
The Ideal Candidate-
- One to three years of gastroenterology clinical experience in an outpatient setting.
- Ability to diagnose and treat a wide variety of gastroenterology conditions and improve patient outcomes.
- Demonstrate competency in diagnosis and treatment to assure high standards of patient care and safety are maintained.
- Patient-centered approach toward a positive patient experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Interest in Population Health Management.
- Detailed understanding of the intestines and gastrointestinal tract.
- Perform a wide range of non-invasive Gastroenterology procedures.
- Examine and treat disorders and diseases of the nutritional problems and malabsorption, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) a host of other disease conditions colon and bowel cancers, including pancreatitis and pancreatic cancers.
- Review patient’s history and perform physical examinations. Evaluate, diagnose and provide appropriate treatment and patient care.
- Recommend suitable management for the patient, including but not limited to, preventive health recommendations and habits.
- Prescribe medications and formulate ongoing treatment and disease management plans.
- Provide relationship-centered care, taking into account the patient’s psychosocial and physical needs.
- Collect and record patient information, such as medical histories, reports and examination results. Maintain complete and accurate medical records.
- Communicate effectively with the clinical team to ensure total delivery of quality care.
- Participate in medical staff educational programs and meetings.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or foreign equivalent
- Completion of four year post graduate medical training from an accredited residency program in area of practice and three years of gastroenterology fellowship training
- Hold accreditation from the American College of Gastroenterology, the American Gastroenterological Association, and the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Seeking both experienced and newly trained providers
- Board Eligible/Board Certified in Gastroenterology
- Must possess current, unrestricted New York State license or be eligible for licensure
- Must possess active Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration or be eligible for registration
- Must possess active Medicare/Medicaid Enrollment or be eligible to enroll
- BLS or ACLS certification required but both strongly preferred
- Must possess strong communication skills both oral and written
- Comfortable with Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system and Microsoft Office
Medical Office Hours of Operation
- Monday-Wednesday 8:00AM – 6:00PM
- Thursday 8:00AM – 8:00PM
- Friday 8:00AM – 5:00PM
- Saturday 8:00AM – 1:00PM
Competitive Benefit Package
- Competitive Base Salary
- Sign-on Bonus
- Malpractice Insurance
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) Reimbursement
- Medical/Dental/Vision Health Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan
Apply for Gastroenterologist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly