General / Trauma Surgeon - Lafayette, CO
You bring your mind, body, heart, and spirit to your work as a Surgeon in General/Trauma Surgery.
You put your patients first, and are generous with your thoughts and voice because you know your opinion matters.
You love what you do, and value having the support, resources, and advanced technology to practice at the top of your game.
You are energized by the feeling that you belong to something bigger, the people around you arent just colleagues, they feel like an extended family.
Youre great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible.
SCL Health Medical Group is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. With locations throughout Colorado, Montana and Wyoming, we offer a wide variety of primary and specialty care services.
Good Samaritan Medical Center is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. At our 234-bed Level II Trauma Center, our mission is to bring health and hope to the poor, the vulnerable, our communities and each other. Were especially proud of our people, who helped make us one of Americas 100 Best Hospitals according to Healthgrades.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage in addition to retirement savings plans. CME benefits, malpractice insurance coverage, and license reimbursement are also included as part of your employment benefits along with paid time off.
Together, well improve the health of the people in the communities we serve.
Well honor each others dignity and surpass the standards we set.
Well encourage joy, demand safety and take pride in our integrity.
As a Surgeon in General/Trauma Surgery, youll work with 4 other Surgeons to provide top-notch care and patient experience. Here is some of what you can expect.
- You would practice at Good Samaritan Medical Center in Lafayette, CO (suburb of Denver), which is a level II trauma center
- Once establish, you can expect about a 50/50 split between general elective and trauma surgeries
- 24 hour call for Trauma and General Surgery is 6 primary shifts (in house) per month and 7 backup shifts per month plus regularly scheduled hours in the elective practice
- Robot available
We hire people, not words on paper. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
- MD or DO degree from a fully accredited medical or osteopathic school of medicine
- Unrestricted license in Colorado or able to obtain
- Residency trained and Board Certified in General Surgery
- Surgical Critical Care and/or Trauma Fellowship, required or equivalent experience
Your next move.
Now that you know more about being a General and Trauma Surgeon on our team we hope youll join us. At SCL Health youll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.
Apply for General / Trauma Surgeon - Lafayette, CO
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly