Hospitalist - Per diem
Optum is looking for a per diem Hospitalist (nights only) to join our team in Downtown Los Angeles. The clinicians we seek are those who practice medicine with a focus on patient care, not volume. We want our clinicians to take the time needed to truly address the patient’s needs.
Optum offers competitive pay with financial incentives for yielding strong metrics on quality care while seeing a lower than average census. We provide our clinicians an excellent benefits package which includes leadership pathways, CME reimbursement, paid license renewals, and many other benefits, charitable sponsorships, and volunteer opportunities.
If you’re looking to join a physician-led community that is making a difference in healthcare, Optum is the place for you. Our initial on-line application process will take you less than two minutes to complete!
- The candidate would be floating between Good Samaritan Hospital and California Hospital Medical Center both located in Downtown Los Angeles (less than 2 miles away from each other)
- Nights only, typically from 7pm - 7a
- Patient census at both facilities around 20 pts
- ~2 to 4 admissions for the night shift
- Open ICU
- No vent management required (intensivist/pulmonologist will be on hand for that)
- No procedures required
- Unrestricted CA State Medical License
- Current CA DEA certificate required prior to start date
- ACGME Residency-trained and BE/BC in Internal Medicine
- Excellent patient care and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast pace setting; time management skills
- EMR proficiency
- Bilingual Spanish
- 2+ years of experience
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. Optum brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high-performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Here you’ll find incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work. (SM)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Optum and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Apply for Hospitalist - Per diem
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly