North Conway, NH
Improve your lifestyle, in one move.
Great things happen for Orthopedic Surgeons like you who seek to put patients first. They find themselves at MaineHealth, one of the largest health systems in New England. Join us and you ll also find supportive, collaborative colleagues; strong patient/provider relationships; comprehensive resources and advanced technologies, including fully integrated Epic EMR.
Located in a truly magnificent area, North Conway is at the heart of New Hampshire s White Mountains, and offers some of the most spectacular natural beauty and outdoor recreation found anywhere in the country.
About the position:
We are seeking a Board Certified/Eligible Orthopedic Surgeon to join us this fall/winter in our newly renovated and expanded Orthopedic Practice at Memorial Hospital. Become part of an innovative practice model of Orthopedics and Sports Medicine. This position provides a unique opportunity for candidates to be based full time providing patients with orthopedic services in the Mt. Washington Valley community. The Orthopedic program at Memorial includes state-of-the-art elective and trauma based orthopedic surgery coupled with a robust outpatient orthopedic, sports medicine practice.
This position offers:
- Newly renovated and expanded practice, supported by PAs and a friendly, skilled care team.
- 3-4 day workweek; 1 in 3 call schedule.
- Elective and acute orthopedic surgery.
- Competitive compensation package including sign-on bonus, relocation assistance, CME expense reimbursement, malpractice insurance, and student loan repayment.
- Benefits include Paid Time Off, CME time, retirement options with employer contributions, medical, dental, vision, life/disability coverage, and more.
- MD/DO from an accredited medical school, with an active and unrestricted medical license in the State of NH or the ability to obtain prior to employment.
- Board Certified/Board Eligibility in Orthopedic Surgery.
- General orthopedics; Experience in total knee/hip preferred.
- An active or unrestricted DEA license or ability to obtain prior to employment.
- Comfortable with trauma cases and able to take call.
About North Conway, NH
Mount Washington Valley is known for its scenic beauty in the shadow of the White Mountains. A haven for outdoor enthusiasts, the North Conway area is a great place to live and work, with dozens of ski areas and hundreds of hiking and biking trails just outside your door. The tourism industry is a major business driver in the area, and Memorial Hospital is one of the area s largest employers. Famous for its outlet shopping, North Conway is 2-3 hours from several major metropolitan areas and their airports, such as Boston, Portland and Concord.
Memorial Hospital is one of twelve members of the MaineHealth network including: Franklin Community Health Network, LincolnHealth, Maine Behavioral Healthcare, MaineHealth Care at Home, Maine Medical Center, Midcoast Park View Health, NorDx, Pen Bay Medical Center, Southern Maine Health Care, Waldo County General Hospital, and Western Maine Health.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit family of high-quality providers and health care organizations committed to the health and well-being of the communities and people we serve. As the largest health care organization in Maine and a leading health care provider serving northern New Hampshire, MaineHealth is recognized as one of the nation s top integrated health care delivery networks.