Emergency Medicine Opportunities
Join us on the Chesapeake Bay coast of Virginia where sailing, fishing, championship golf, and outstanding schools are just part of the reason you should consider relocating to our community!
Riverside Regional Medical Center (Newport News)
- Very competitive hourly rate w/night differential
- ED residency program
- 80,000+ visits/year
- 500-bed, Level II tertiary care center
- 90 hours attending
- 9-hour shifts
- EPIC EMR
- Subspecialty, scribe & APP support
- Certified stroke, trauma & cardiac center
Riverside Shore Memorial (Eastern Shore)
- 15-19k anticipated visits/year
- 12 bed Emergency Department
- 34 Inpatient beds and 6 ICU beds
- Comprehensive sub-specialty support
- EPIC EMR
- Stable contract/administration, collegial work environment, leadership advancement
- 501(c)(3) organization
- Health benefits, retirement match, 457b, life, disability, sick leave
- W-2, no estimated tax payments, SS taxes paid
- Paid malpractice & tail coverage, CME, ACEP dues, professional fees
- Loan forgiveness eligibility
- Sign-on bonus
- Relocation allowance
Lifestyle of the Virginia Peninsula (Yorktown-Hampton-Newport News-Williamsburg-Gloucester)
- Fish, sail, or water ski on the James River or the Chesapeake Bay.
- Unique assortment of cultural and historical amenities as well as sophisticated dining and entertainment.
- Annual LPGA golf tournament attracts the top golfers in the world.
- No. 2 place in the United States to raise a family (Parenthood magazine).
- Multitude of outstanding educational options; including local colleges and universities.
- Advanced placement courses at all area high schools.
- 3 international baccalaureate programs, magnet school for science and technology, high school for the arts.
- Population/service area: 650,000; 45 minutes to the Atlantic Ocean, 70 minutes to Richmond, 3 hours to Washington, DC, and the Outer Banks, NC.
- Average home price: $197,000 with 4 beautiful seasons.
- Three airports to choose from.
Lifestyle of the Eastern Shore
- Abundant availability of outdoor activities. Great golfing, kayaking, hiking, birding, fishing and seafood harvesting; both bayside and oceanfront beaches, with uninhabited barrier islands, just a short boat ride away.
- Vibrant arts community.
- Affordable housing market.
- Fish, sail, or water ski regularly on the Chesapeake Bay and Atlantic Ocean.
- Public and private schools.
- 60-90 minutes to Salisbury, MD or Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA with minor league baseball, multiple colleges, arts and shopping.
- Virginia s Delmarva Peninsula is nestled between the Chesapeake Bay and the Atlantic Ocean and offers that rare treasure peace in combination with a fulfilling career destination. Accomack and Northampton Counties have the distinction of being some of the earliest settlements in our nation s history, and this rural area retains its pastoral beauty and leisurely pace to this day. The Eastern Shore is one of the few truly unspoiled coastal areas on the Eastern Seaboard.
You would be part of Riverside Medical Group (RMG), a 650+ provider multi-specialty clinical team that is the center of one of America s strongest healthcare delivery organizations-Riverside Health System. Through its EPIC EMR system, RMG is able to provide safe, quality medical care for over 485,000 patients in 132 locations across the communities they serve.
Riverside Health System employs over 10,000 team members. The flagship facility is Riverside Regional Medical Center (RRMC) located in Newport News, Virginia-a newly renovated, state-of-the-art, 510-bed community hospital that also supports three residency programs. Our system is shaped by the integration of physicians at multiple levels and in pivotal leadership positions. Riverside recognizes that strong, fully-engaged doctors are the key to our ongoing success. With a long-standing commitment to physician leadership, Riverside is a system that is well-prepared to help you face the challenging growth of healthcare demands.
Apply for Emergency Medicine Opportunities
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly