Medical Director Pediatric Emergency Medicine
Join the next generation of physician leaders!
Sound Physicians is seeking exceptional candidates for an opportunity to lead our well-established program in Frederick, Maryland . As a medical director with Sound Physicians, you have opportunities to connect and collaborate with other leaders during scheduled leadership calls, and during our regional and national leadership conferences. You will also develop policies and guidelines while improving efficiencies through monitoring quality and efficiency metrics. Our model is designed to ensure you have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care that enables our organization to drive improved outcomes. Sound’s robust performance management infrastructure, clinical innovation, and deep investments in physician leadership development pave the way to transform ED operations so that patients are seen promptly, treated quickly, and have a better overall experience.
Frederick Memorial Hospital is an acute care hospital located in Frederick, Maryland. The hospital opened in 1902 and is the only acute care hospital within a 25-mile radius of the city. The hospital offers advanced surgical services and state-of-the-art care in a variety of disciplines that are new to the Frederick Community, including the Da Vinci Surgical System. They were named “Top Performer on Key Quality Measures®” by The Joint Commission. Frederick Memorial has a $200 million dollar PEDS ED under construction.
- 298-bed, acute care, community hospital with 18 observation beds
- Volume – 55,000
- High acuity, fast-paced ED; Procedures required
- No call environment
- Cutting edge integrated care program – Sound manages Hospitalist, Critical Care, and Emergency Medicine services
- Employed position
Hospital emergency departments have become the source of the majority of hospital admissions, so continually striving to improve outcomes in the emergency department is key to a hospital’s success. With the goal of always improving patient care and experience, our processes streamline transitions from the emergency department to the ICU to inpatient admissions. We believe that clinical integration between emergency medicine, critical care, and hospital medicine teams are imperative. Using our proven processes, our clinical teams align to streamline inter-department handoffs, improve clinical performance, and patient experience.
As a Medical Director, you will have a dedicated internal team to support you.
- Integrate the multi-service line teams to create a smooth flow for the entire patient experience
- You will have a staffing coordinator that will handle all scheduling
- The regional operations manager will provide you with weekly reports to help manage performance
- Benefit from utilizing the robust data reporting that Sound Physicians provides leaders with to continuously improve operations
If you are a progressive physician leader who wants continued growth and development, then Sound Physicians is the right choice for you.
- Completed residency and board-certification in pediatrics required
- 5 years of proven leadership experience required
- ACLS/BLS/PALS required
- A current, unrestricted license in MD required
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education, and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Location and Lifestyle
Located less than an hour from Washington, DC, Baltimore, and Gettysburg, the city of Frederick, Maryland is surrounded by mountain views, scenic walking trails, wineries, orchards, and a vibrant downtown.
- Surrounded by mountain views, wineries, orchards, and vibrant Main Street communities
- Visitors can hike on the Appalachian Trail, visit Maryland’s largest brewery, and tour a battlefield all in one day
Apply for Medical Director Pediatric Emergency Medicine
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly