Emergency Medicine Medical Director
Sound Physicians is seeking exceptional candidates for an opportunity to lead our well-established program in Bakersfield, CA. As a medical director with Sound Physicians, you have opportunities to connect and collaborate with other leaders during scheduled leadership calls, and during our regional and national leadership conferences. You will also develop policies and guidelines while improving efficiencies through monitoring quality and efficiency metrics. Our model is designed to ensure you have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care that enables our organization to drive improved outcomes. Sound’s robust performance management infrastructure, clinical innovation, and deep investments in physician leadership development pave the way to transform ED operations so that patients are seen promptly, treated quickly, and have a better overall experience.
Adventist Health of Bakersfield, a 245-bed hospital in Kern County, is a health system devoted to serving and building a healthier community by focusing on investing in people, innovation, and technology.
- 78,000 volume ED; level III trauma center
- 32 bed ED (22 main, 10 South): state-of-the-art patient rooms complete with the latest life-saving technology
- Ambulatory and helipad facilities for receiving patients throughout the county
- Zoll AutoPulse machines to provide safe and efficient CPR
- Scribes and Cerner EMR
- Excellent Independent contractor compensation with liability/malpractice coverage provided
- Integrate the multi-service line teams to create a smooth flow for the entire patient experience
- You will have a staffing coordinator that will handle all scheduling
- The regional operations manager will provide you with weekly reports to help manage performance
- Benefit from utilizing the robust data reporting that Sound Physicians provides leaders with to continuously improve operations
- Completed residency and board-certification in emergency medicine required
- Two years of proven leadership experience required
- ACLS/BLS/PALS required
- A current, unrestricted license in CA required
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education, and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
This ideal location offers the best of both worlds: Affordable living and proximity to Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo, Paso Robles, and the Sierra Nevada mountains. The is a highly desirable location for home buyers due to affordability and low cost of living while offering close access to Central California wine country, central valley, beach communities, and all the amenities in Los Angeles. Enjoy a variety of restaurants, shopping, and a diverse economy with many locally owned businesses. Furthermore enjoy access to many options for recreational fun: skiing, hiking, camping, fly fishing, white water rafting. If you are looking for an excellent hospital to practice in, a focus on quality and manageable workloads, top-notch hospital leadership with integrity, competitive compensation, a path to partnership, great benefits, and abundant support, this is your job in California.
Apply for Emergency Medicine Medical Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly