Director of Pediatric Emergency Medicine
St. Luke s University Health Network, the region s largest, most established health system, a major teaching hospital, and one of the nation s 100 Top Hospitals is seeking a Director of Pediatric Emergency Medicine. The Director will be responsible for leading, administering, and supervising all aspects of the Pediatric Emergency Medicine program.
The Program Director will have dedicated time for administrative, educational, strategic, and research initiatives and provide oversight and development of the Pediatric Emergency Medicine program. In addition, the Director will be expected to maintain a clinical practice with allocated time to develop and lead the Pediatric Emergency Medicine Program. Program Director and Clinical duties will be split to accommodate.
About the Departments of Emergency Medicine and Pediatrics:
- Robust 12 hospital Network spread over a diverse geographic area providing emergency care for over 320,000 patients annually.
- St. Luke s emergency medicine includes comprehensive stoke centers, 4 PCI centers, a level 1 trauma center, a level 2 trauma center and two level 4 trauma centers.
- In addition to patient care, the emergency department also supports and trains emergency medicine residents at two separate emergency medicine residencies. We currently have an emergency medicine residency with 12 residents per year at St. Luke s University Hospital - Bethlehem. Our second residency is currently in process and will train 10 residents per year at St. Luke s Anderson Campus.
- The Department of Pediatrics consists of inpatient, specialty care, and primary care providers across a verity of practice locations.
- The inpatient pediatric units are located at St. Luke s University Hospital Bethlehem Campus. A new 17 bed inpatient pediatric unit will open Spring 2022 and the Network s first Pediatric Intensive Care Unit opened with 8 beds in early 2020.
- Growing pediatric specialty department currently spanning 14 pediatric subspecialties and continuing to expand in both depth and breadth of services.
- The most robust and highest volume OB program in the region with a strong maternal and fetal medicine program which delivers over 4,000 babies per year.
In joining St. Luke s University Health Network, you will enjoy:
- Team-based care with well-educated, dedicated support staff
- Teaching, research, quality improvement and strategic development opportunities
- $25k starting bonus
- Loan repayment up to $100,000
- A culture in which innovation is highly valued
- Exceptional compensation package
- Rich benefits package, including malpractice, health and dental insurance, CME allowance
- Must be Board Certified in Pediatric Emergency Medicine,
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience.
- Must be clinically active in Pediatric Emergency Medicine
- Have previous leadership/administrative experience and strong team building skills
- Willing to combine Administrative and Diagnostic (teaching) Responsibilities (50/50)
About St. Luke s University Health Network
Founded in 1872, St. Luke s University Health Network (SLUHN) is a fully integrated, regional, non-profit network of 16,000 employees providing services at 12 hospitals and over 300+ outpatient sites. With annual net revenue of $2 billion, the Network s service area includes 10 counties: Lehigh, Northampton, Berks, Bucks, Carbon, Montgomery, Monroe and Schuylkill counties in Pennsylvania and Warren and Hunterdon counties in New Jersey. To learn more about SLUHN, please visit www.slhn.org
About the Lehigh Valley & Surrounding Areas
Set amid gentle hills and charming country sides, Lehigh Valley, PA is home to Allentown, Bethlehem, and Easton, as well as dozens of small towns and picturesque boroughs, parks, trails, and waterways. Steeped in pre-Colonial, Early American, and industrial history, the region s storied past became its uplifting present, bestowing visitors anything from crayons and craft beer to Martin Guitars and museums, covered bridges, and nationally-recognized events like Musikfest and Christkindlmarkt.
The Lehigh Valley is in close proximity to NYC, Philly, and DC. Outstanding higher education facilities include Lehigh University and Moravian College. Cost of living is low and coupled with minimal congestion; choose among a variety of charming urban, semi-urban and rural communities your family will enjoy calling home. There is easy access to outdoor activities like skiing, snowboarding, white water rafting, and zip lining. The Lehigh Valley encompasses three unique cities in one suburban area. For more information please visit www.discoverlehighvalley.com.
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR CANDIDATES: COVID-19 VACCINE REQUIREMENT
As a leading healthcare provider, St. Luke s University Health Network is committed to protecting our employees, patients and community. As we continue to provide quality care to our patients, we are taking important next steps to prevent undue harm to our employees & ensure our patients have a safe environment for medical care and treatment. Effective immediately, St. Luke s is requiring all new hires, along with our current employees, to be fully vaccinated against COVID as a condition of employment. Medical or religious exemptions will be reviewed as per our policy and guidelines.
Apply for Director of Pediatric Emergency Medicine
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly