Excellent OB/GYN Opportunities in the BEAUTIFUL Southwest Virginia
Ballad Health and Norton Community Hospital, are seeking a quality Obstetrician-Gynecologists to join its staff. The physician will join an OBGYN generalist, 2 OBGYN Laborist, 1 Family Nurse Practitioner, and 1 Certified Nurse Midwife to serve the needs of Wise County. Additionally, this program is supported by our Women s Center of Excellence and OBGYN practice located in Kingsport, TN, and would further establish the important service line to our hospital and community.
Norton Community Hospital has completed an extensive expansion of its surgery department which has significantly enhanced its surgery services and has improved the quality and efficiency of care.
- 1:4 Call
- More than 400 births per year
- Five pediatricians on staff
- Seven LDRP's and 14 bassinettes
- C-sections performed in the recently renovated NCH Family Birthing Center - attended by the anesthesiologist or one of the four CRNA's
- Outpatient office convenient located next to Family Birthing Center
- Staff and physicians work closely together as a team
- High risk deliveries managed with Niswonger Childrens Hospital (a member of Ballad Health) in Johnson City, Tennessee
- System-operated flight service is minutes away with 20-25 minute flight time from Norton to Johnson City
- Dedicated Niswonger Children s Hospital located at Johnson City Medical Center is affiliated with St. Jude s Children s Research Hospitals
The draw area serves a population of 75,000 to 100,000 which includes Southwesten Virginia and Southeastern Kentucky. There is a local physician primary care network to supply patient referrals and marketing support to attract new patients.
As employed physicians, this opportunity includes guaranteed base and the opportunity to enhance compensation with an RVU-based productivity model.
- Generous Sign-On Bonus
- Relocation Allowance -Up to $10,000
- Educational Loan Assistance
- Paid Time off
- Benetis package includes - Medical, Dental, Vision, and 403B Retirement
- Long/Short-term disability
- Malpractice Insurance
- Claims-made tail policy
- CME Allowance - $4,000
Norton Community Hospital, a 129-bed facility, supports a wide range of health care services including surgery, OB/GYN, pulmonary and critical care, rehabilitation services and much more. Our hospital is recognized for its outstanding inpatient rehabilitation services, black lung clinic and high-quality imaging technology. In 2016, NCH completed the $13.1 million HealthPlex expansion, a new 39,000-square foot facility that includes a FitOne Wellness Center, Pharmacy offering a drive-thru services, OccuMed Health Center, Primary Care offices, Orthopedics, Community Home Care, outpatient rehab and cardiac/pulmonary rehab services.
- Beautiful location
- Small town living
- Easy light traffic commute to larger cities
- Moderately sized airport within a short drive
- Safe, family friendly community
- Excellent public and private schools
- Low cost of living
- Mild weather and 4 distinct seasons
- An abundance of outdoor activities (golfing, fishing, camping, biking, hiking, kayaking and more)
- Within an hour s drive of the Tri-Cities (Bristol, Kingsport and Johnson City) and just over two hours to Asheville, North Carolina and the Sevierville, Pigeon Forge, Tennessee areas.
Our Health System:
Ballad Health is a 22-hospital health system, covering a 27-county area and is made up of three tertiary facilities, 18 community/critical access hospitals, seven cancer centers, 18 Urgent Care locations, 40+ primary care and multiple specialty offices through its employed arm, Ballad Health Medical Associates, made up of over 800 physicians and advanced practitioners.
Apply for OB/GYN
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly