Join us as Director, Breast Medical Oncology.
Join our cancer enterprise at Cedars-Sinai Cancer during a transformational period of growth and help us achieve our goal of becoming a top tier nationally recognized Cancer Center. Ranked by US News & World Report as the #9 Best Hospital in Cancer in 2021-2022, Cedars-Sinai Cancer is seeking a Director who will focus on breast cancer and the development of translational research and clinical trials for the treatment of this disease.
Cedars-Sinai Cancer invites applications for Director of Breast Medical Oncology at the Associate or Professor level to lead our Breast Medical Oncology team. The Director will have programmatic, clinical, administrative, academic and research leadership responsibilities for the program. The Director will lead the development and sustainment of a diverse clinical research portfolio, including investigator-initiated, cooperative group and industry trials through collaboration with basic scientists and translational researchers. The Director will collaborate with other faculty within the Division of Medical Oncology, Cedars-Sinai Cancer, and participate intensely in educational, research, and community outreach and engagement activities that are in alignment with departmental/divisional and Cedars-Sinai Cancer priorities.
Staffed by knowledgeable and specialized clinicians and research personnel, the breast oncology team is committed to best-in-class patient care, innovative research, and ongoing education in breast oncology. Our team is comprised of a dedicated group of medical surgical and radiation oncologist clinician investigators and physician-scientists working together to advance research efforts related to breast oncology.
Are you right for this role? A successful candidate has:
- an interest and success in breast oncology
- expertise in breast cancer research
- a demonstrated ability to work with and lead, among a diverse group of colleagues, organizations and leaders, and
- an ability to independently design and execute creative, high-quality clinical trials in a healthcare setting
- a proven track record of peer reviewed extramural funding
- an extensive publication record in peer reviewed journals
- a track record of high-quality teaching and mentoring at the graduate level
Interested candidates should send their CV, a cover letter as well as names of three references to Karen Reckamp, MD MS at Cedars-Sinai Cancer c/o AcademicRecruiting@cshs.org.
Cedars-Sinai seeks to find, develop and retain the best clinical and research faculty. We promote excellence through diversity and encourage all qualified applicants to apply. We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, M/F/Vets/Disabled
We seek applications from exceptional investigators conducting research on cancer in the context of lifestyle and metabolic risk factors.
In this role, you will:
- Provides patient care services with a focus in breast cancer
- Oversee the programmatic, clinical, administrative, academic and research aspects of the Breast Oncology program with partners in Surgical and Radiation Oncology
- Develop a Breast Cancer research program that extends across our enterprise health system
- Contributes to cancer therapeutic guidelines
- Focusing on breast cancer, the position will build on the reputation and clinical trials portfolio
- Develops new and innovative research programs that will serve to improve cancer outcomes in the field of breast cancer
- Conceives, prepares, and submits grant and contract proposals as principal investigator to support a cancer research program in breast cancer
- Participates as Investigator or Co-Investigator on research studies
- Obtains extramural funding for research projects and/or clinical trials
- Participates in center activities including speaking engagements, committee appointments and public or community outreach opportunities
- Participates and contributes to the education and teaching initiatives of Cedars-Sinai Cancer
- MD degree required
- Board Certification in Internal Medicine and Board certification in the subspecialty of Medical Oncology.
- Published author of peer-reviewed articles and/or proven abilities to serve as principal investigator.
- A track record of excellence in clinical research, teaching, patient care, and administration.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication, and mentorship skills
- A collaborative style that fosters and supports teamwork and innovation
About Cedars-Sinai Cancer
Ranked by US News & World Report as the #9 Best Hospital in Cancer Nationally in 2021-2022, the Cedars-Sinai Cancer program sees over 4800 new cases of cancer per year and is part of the Cedars-Sinai Health System, a rapidly expanding vertically integrated health system with practices located in Southern California, including Tower Hematology-Oncology, The Angeles Clinic and Research Institute, Cedars-Sinai Valley Oncology Medical Group, Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey hospital, Hunt Cancer Institute at Torrance Memorial, and Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.
Cedars-Sinai Cancer continues to pursue excellence with plans to greatly expand and sharpen the focus of its basic and translational research programs and its studies of cancer in the context of lifestyle/metabolic factors, with focus on improving cancer outcomes and helping to change behaviors that encourage cancer survivorship.
Along with caring for patients, Cedars-Sinai is a hub for biomedical research and a top 10 academic medical center for NIH funding with over $200M in extramural research grant funding. As the largest academic medical center in the western United States, Cedars-Sinai is also training the next generation of physicians, researchers, and allied health professionals. Physicians and scientists at Cedars-Sinai are actively engaged in translational research to bring medical advancements directly from the laboratory to the bedside.
A commitment to meeting the community's health needs has been a defining quality of Cedars-Sinai since the beginning - from the opening of the 12-bed Kaspare Cohn Hospital in Angeleno Heights in 1902 to what is now a world-renowned, nonprofit academic medical center with 890 licensed beds.
Ranked by US News & World Report as the #6 Best Hospital in 2021-2022, Cedars-Sinai is a leader in providing high-quality healthcare encompassing primary care, specialized medicine and research. Since 1902, Cedars-Sinai has evolved to meet the needs of one of the most diverse regions in the nation, setting standards in quality and innovative patient care, research, teaching and community service. Today, Cedars-Sinai is known for its national leadership in transforming healthcare for the benefit of patients. Cedars-Sinai impacts the future of healthcare by developing new approaches to treatment and educating tomorrow's health professionals. Additionally, Cedars-Sinai demonstrates a commitment to the community through programs that improve the health of its most vulnerable residents.